Work Crew for Saturday

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Work Crew for Saturday

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Hello All,

Hoping to get a work crew assembled this Saturday to do some needed chores on our field. We need to burn the brush on the burn pile and we need to remove some tree growth around the mid field wind sock.

We have a chain saw in the radio room however, I’m not sure of its condition. If you have a chain saw, please bring it along with the proper fuel and oil that it requires. Tree trimmers and gloves also required.

Weather should be in the mid 50’s, cooler in the morning and winds out of the north.

Thanks for your help,

Don

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
        Participant

I wish to thank Don for organizing this work party. Thanks Don. I can not make it as Val and I will be on our way to Florida for 2.5 weeks. Otherwise I would be there with my chainsaw and diesel fuel to get the burn pile going. Please be careful with the saws and fires. We don’t want anyone hurt. John Lincoln, Maintenance

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
          Participant

I’ll be out Saturday. Not expecting much flying but plenty to do.

Sunday might be a decent day to fly however.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
            Participant

With all the rain we have had for 2 days, does it make sense to do grounds work?
              <p style=”text-align: left;”>My rain gauge has another > 1 inch beyond 3″ from Sun-Mon.  Could be a really muddy mess.</p>

Don GrilloDon Grillo
              Keymaster

Could be a mess Denny. We’ll check it out in the morning. It may be an inside cleaning day.

— Don
                Greg PalmerGreg Palmer
                Participant

Greg Palmer

BSAT LLC

847-922-1234

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                  Participant

We’ll be working in the south brush areas, not in the regraded bare dirt area. And it should be dry today. Come on out. Work is good for the soul.

Best Regards,
                    John DeRosa
                    Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
                    Participant

And what a crew it was! John “Bunyan” DeRosa, along with helpers Don, Laurence, Andy, John Belue and myself removed the trees surrounding the mid-field windsock. Now you can actually see it and believe it. Plus Andy tuned up the gas golf cart and Don mowed down the weeds around the windsock and along the creek.

Next up, tackling the trees along the creek. If anyone has connections in the tree trimming business, please let us know.

Steve

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.