Sky Soaring was established in 1984 by a number of soaring pilots that lived and flew in the Chicagoland area. Today the club has approximately 70 members ranging in age from 14 to 80. Pilots range in experience from new students to airline pilots.
Our glider club owns and operates a diverse fleet of gliders and 1 tow plane.
Sky Soaring is unique in that their are no ‘rental’ fees to use club aircraft.
- Piper Pawnee – PA-25c 235HP Tow Plane
- (2) Schweizer SGS 2-33a (2 Place Trainer)
- PZL-Krozno KR-03 (2 Place)
- PZL-Swidnik PW-5 Smyk (Single Place)
- (2) Schweizer SGS 1-26 (Single Place)
- Schweizer SGS 1-34R (Single Place)