Weekend of April 9-10, 2022

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Weekend of April 9-10, 2022

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

I see some reservations on Bookourplane for today and tomorrow.  Is an operation planned?

The weather is forecast as:

Today:  Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday:  Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

Also, I have purchased two safety vests to replace or add to the vests we use for Ground Safety Officer and/or wing runners.  (My gift to the club for having missed a few Saturday work sessions.)  I doubt that the vests hanging now have ever seen the inside of a washing machine. I  can try to clean those vests soon.

Regards,

Rich

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
        Participant

Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day for flying. Only 3 flights but great lift. Will had his first glider flight, I think he really enjoyed it. don and I took the 2-33 up to 6,200MSL and Peter with Gary was up for over 40 min. The hardest part or the flight was getting done. Besides being cold!

Sunday looks to be very windy but there will be some work taking place after 10 so come on out.

Steve

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
          Participant

The hardest part or the flight was getting done. (Down)

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
            Participant
              The skew-T for Rockford area 2pm was indicating inversion start at 6000ft…..at +21 F ….yes,Brrr!
          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.