Wednesday, May 15th Ops

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Wednesday, May 15th Ops

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
      Participant

We’re planning for flight ops on Wednesday.  Weather should be good, so find an excuse to come join us.  If you need a better excuse, we could also use some help installing the rest of the roof on our new east-end shelter.

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
        Participant

Sounds good. I’ll be there. What time in the morning we can start? 7:30?

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
          Participant

I’m up for an early start to finish the shelter project.  Petr, if you want to meet me at 8am, we can try to knock it out before the flying begins.

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
            Participant

We are go for Wednesday. Come on out and work and fly. Sunset is 8PM so we could go all day.

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
              Participant

Petr and I are planning to arrive early at 8am to try and finish installing the roof on the shelter.  Any other volunteers would be appreciated!

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
                Participant

Today was a beautiful day. We finished with 24 flights, 14 winch launch and 10 tows. Flights ranged from 5 mins to 2.5 hours. The winch was located well east in the bean field approx 4800 ft. Releases averaged around 2400 msl. A good time was had by all and if you could not be there be sure to make it out on the next flyable day.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                  Participant

Calm winds , too!  And many “thank yous” to Karl , for hand-mowing around all the trailer tie-downs, so that the zero-turn doesn’t have to ( high grass always difficult), and Petr F. for getting 93 Winch fuel, and Mark R. and Tim for doing a “stealth” run to the T.A. to refuel the winch Mule-car, & no ticket, and Mark M, Petr, & others for the Shelter work, its very nice.

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
                    Participant

Redneck stealth ops are best stealth ops

Anonymous

Real Ops would practice OpSec and not advertise exploits via public chat group.
                          It looks like Saturday will be nice. I am looking forward to my first 2019 flight with an instructor if one is available.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.