Tuesday Recap

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
      Participant

Today started at 9am with Larry Kase, Mark Reich and me meeting at the field to load our 182 and travel to Beloit, Wisconsin to complete the purchase and annual inspection of our new Lark IS-28B2.   After completing the annual and settling the necessary paperwork, we hitched the Lark to our able towplane and made the trip back to Sky Soaring in just about 30 minutes.  After arriving back at Sky Soaring and getting Larry’s report of how the Lark handled, Tim Ponsot (taking a break from studying for his CFI) and I  hopped in the glider for a local first flight around our field that ended up lasting nearly 2 hours!   I can report that the Lark was easy to handle and a joy to fly.   While it is a bit heavier than the rest of our fleet, we easily made it aloft on aerotow well before the midfield windsock, even with a slight tailwind.   We have CFI’s ready to work with you on your Lark checkout.

John Lincoln was also out at the field today and flew his ship on a 3+ hour flight this afternoon.  It was a beautiful day for soaring and it’s hard to believe August is just around the corner.  Come out and enjoy your club in these dwindling weeks of summer.

-Mark

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

Sounds like much fun! That high pressure ridge set you guys up right.
          PS: will the 1-34 single place , now be a short term ssi asset?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019, 8:10 PM Sky Soaring

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
          Participant

Vampire from Transylvania is at our field ,before we  fly it  i gone put wooden  stickstraight   to his hart ,and sprinkle with our holy water  (AV LUB)

Let’s flight Tomorrow, July 31/19   beautiful weather

howling wolf  ANDY

Karl LandlKarl Landl
              Participant

Will there be an operation today?
                Karl

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                  Participant

I will be on the field around 11AM.  Any tow pilots?  Looks like a nice (potentially blue) day.

Anonymous

you guys are killing me with the “day of” notifications 😛

Anonymous

ok, I give in to temptation.. if we get a tow pilot, I’ll come out for a
                          few hours too

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 9:27 AM Logan Thomas <logan.a.thomas@gmail.com>
                          wrote:

> you guys are killing me with the “day of” notifications 😛
                          >
                          > On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 9:03 AM Sky Soaring
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          >

Anonymous

I will stay at work and protect your freedom to fly…Regards,Rich

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                      Participant

Tuesday was nice, but not strong. Average climb 2 kts. Clouds were good indicators. I flew to Dacy, DeKalb, and Crystal Lake 74 miles. First time I have flown to any of those places. John L

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.