Tuesday Flying?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      John LincolnJohn Lincoln
      Participant

I’m over a week out from exposure to Covid. No symptoms and I test negative. So I’m not quarantining any longer. Tuesday doesn’t look to bad. Any interest in getting an operation going. I would like to fly if we do.

John Lincoln

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

On this Tues ‘s great day, did any of our 1-26 (82H) pilots notice if the wind noise was extreme?  When I flew 82H on Sat 6-18 afternoon, it was really loud inside.  The donated 1-26 is supposed to also have windnoise issue.

Laurentiu NicolaeLaurentiu Nicolae
          Participant

Good point Dennis, I flew 39E and I have been noticed the noise while flying. I tried to identify the cause and I think I found it. When the canopy is closed you will notice the the rear edge of the canopy is bended slightly inwards. This exposes the outside rear corner to the wind creating noise. I don’t really know how to fix it but we can explore solutions.

Lawrence

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
            Participant

Lawrence and Dennis, I just read your posts. There is a very easy “test fix” for the noise if it is the canopy being  slightly bent in. That would be to use tape to fashion a fairing that will force the air flow to NOT hit the outside rear corner of the fuselage at the canopy joint. If it works then a more permanent solution can then be made. And if that doesn’t fix the problem then removing the tape should cause no damage. I’ll look into it the next time I’m at the field. John Lincoln

John OsbornJohn Osborn
              Participant

I will be out to fly Tuesday if we can get an operation going.John O

On Monday, June 27, 2022 at 11:45:55 AM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                Keymaster

John and all. The carb heat cable on the Pawnee broke yesterday. Larry Kase said he would have a look at it today and hopefully get it fixed. However, he did mention that it needs to be repaired before flying again. Hopefully we will have a report from him this afternoon.

— Don
                  Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
                  Participant

I’m game for flying tomorrow if we can have ops

Sent from my iPhone

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                    Participant

Thanks Laurentiu…..possibly both 39E and 82H have similar reasons. Much repair work was done in winter on 82H canopy by many members. DB

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.