This weekend… and beyond

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content This weekend… and beyond

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Saturday could be a good training day. Possibility of low clouds at times.

Sunday is the cookout. Bring a dish to pass, meat is provided. Stating at 3pm.

Weather is ok if not great, wind 280 9G16 by 1400. SkySight shows good lift up to 7k until 1630.

Monday. Still judging how much interest there is.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
        Participant

Hello:

I am interested in a flight or two on Saturday if an op is organized.  I can also help move some of the “Hilton” floor if that project starts.

Today:  Isolated showers. Cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind around 10 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday:  Sunny, with a high near 82. West northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Labor Day:  Sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph. Winds could gust as high as 10 mph.

Regards,

Rich

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
          Participant

I will be out around 10am to do some work. I have some ground stakes to tie down the barn’s plastic floor. I think that the plastic is already
            at the field.

Best Regards
            John DeRosa

Participant

Saturday was indeed a good training day and a few members took advantage of it. 14 flights total with new member Animesh leading the way, Mike Vaughn returning after 11 months off and regaining currency, Rich continuing working on his add on rating and Art giving Scenic rides to a family of 3. Due to low clouds the tows were limited to 2500MSL so the riders were each given 2 each. In the meantime the Barn was completed and the winch is now residing inside, a crew began work on the 1-34 repairs and the hanger was swept out.

Steve

Participant

Now, on to Sunday. If you intend to fly get out early. TAF for RFD is until 1500Z winds 290@6, ceilings 12,000. From 1500Z to 1800Z winds 290@10G18 clouds few at 8,000. SkySight is predicting lift at 3.6kts to 4.8kts topping at 8875 @ 1530 CDT. Winds aloft 20 to 25kts.

Steve

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.