Sunday July 17th

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Sunday July 17th

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Is anyone planning anything for tomorrow (Sunday)? The late morning appears to be ok for some simple flights and just a bit of wind. I did not see anything on BookourPlane.  Also, sorry for missing the meeting but I was tied up on other matters.
        <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>The forecast:</b></div>
        <div class=”col-sm-10 forecast-text”>A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 4pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.</div>
        <div></div>
        <div>Regards,</div>
        <div></div>
        <div>Rich</div>

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
        Participant

Yes. I meant to post. We have tow pilots and I plan on being out by 0900. If anyone wishes to start earlier let me know.

Steve

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2022 6:32 PM
          To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
          Subject: Sunday July 17th, By Rich Walenda, [Sky Soaring]

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
          Participant

Hello:

I will be out in the morning around 0930.  Thanks for confirming a flying operation.

Regards,

Rich

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
            Participant

So it turned out to be a nice Sunday at the field. a late start as the cloud bases were hanging around 1000ft but they did finally rise and we got some flights in. Top of the list were 3 FAST program rides that may produce 3 new members. Also, Laurence did a couple of flights with not 1, but 2 beautiful women. Petr is back from his US Tour vis motorhome (think National Lampoons Summer Vacation) and Tim came out and took 2 flights with our potential new members. Plus ropes were refreshed and grass was mowed so the down time was not wasted. Thanks to John S for towing and Don for managing operations.

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.