Soda machine opportunity for the club

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Soda machine opportunity for the club

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

My son has obtained a soda vending machine. We really do not need a big soda can vending machine at the Walenda household.  Is the club interested in hosting the machine in return for some cash?  My son is willing to stock/maintain the machine.  Of course, the club would share in the profits.

Or, does the club want to purchase the machine to take the place of the barely working refrigerator?

Regards,

Rich

Don GrilloDon Grillo
        Keymaster

Hello Rich, We had a soda machine for several years. We got rid of it a couple years ago as it wasn’t maintained and I think it had some problems dispensing. I don’t think we need one at the field. But we can put it on the BOD agenda to talk about it.
          Don

John PhelanJohn Phelan
          Participant

Also keep in mind that unless the machine in question is designed to be in outdoor environments, it will not fare well in the hangar in the wintertime.  The cooling system needs an ambient air temp above the refrigerated temp in order to be efficient and maintain the internal temperature.  Otherwise, the pop can freeze in the wintertime and then you have a real mess to contend with.

Reply To: Soda machine opportunity for the club From Don Grillo, [General Discussion Forum]

Hello Rich, We had a soda machine for several years. We got rid of it a couple years ago as it wasn’t maintained and I think it had some problems dispensing. I don’t think we need one at the field. But we can put it on the BOD agenda to talk about it.
            Don

Best Regards,

John F. Phelan

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 09:34
            To: phelanjf@gmail.com
            Subject: Reply To: Soda machine opportunity for the club; By Don Grillo, [Sky Soaring]

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
            Participant

In the past we loaded the vending machine with pop and water – with water being the most important for hydration. However, the water bottles became an issue as their thin plastic often jammed.If we do get this machine one idea might be to put it in the office area taking the place of the derelict “balloon” refrigerator (which COMED may pick up for free). Alternatively, and John is correct about freezing if overwintered in the hangar, it would need to be unloaded about the time we turn off the outside water.

John H DeRosa

On Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 09:42:52 AM CST, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Reply To: Soda machine opportunity for the club From John Phelan, [General Discussion Forum]

Also keep in mind that unless the machine in question is designed to be in outdoor environments, it will not fare well in the hangar in the wintertime. The cooling system needs an ambient air temp above the refrigerated temp in order to be efficient and maintain the internal temperature. Otherwise, the pop can freeze in the wintertime and then you have a real mess to contend with.

Reply To: Soda machine opportunity for the club From Don Grillo, [General Discussion Forum]

Don

Best Regards,

John F. Phelan

Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 09:34
              To: phelanjf@gmail.com
              Subject: Reply To: Soda machine opportunity for the club; By Don Grillo, [Sky Soaring]

Unsubscribe from this Topic https://skysoaring.com/forums/topic/soda-machine-opportunity-for-the-club/

Attachments Allowed: PDF, msword, All Images. 2mb max.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
              Participant

Hello:

Any movement on the soda machine idea?  It needs to be moved out of its current location soon.

Regards,

Rich

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.