Sep 18 – Ops?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Probably not a great soaring day, but any interest in getting a winch training operation going tomorrow afternoon (Wed 9/18)? If anyone is able to participate please respond so we can see if we can get the necessary team together.

I would love to get a bunch of winch launches in. Trying to get to a winch endorsement before the end of the season…

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
      Participant

Hi Aaron-

I’ll be around to help tomorrow as winch driver or instructor. I may need to leave as early as 1500 so an early start to our operation would be ideal.

-Tim

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello:Before the end of the season I would also like to have the sport pilot glider winch launch add on.  Unfortunately, I only have weekends available. So we have 2 people with winch launch aspirations.  Who is up to the challenge in helping us?Regards,Rich 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
      Participant

Volume of training is another reason I advocate an early start time. Less thermals means more overall launch/landing cycles and a potentially more intense training regimen to build confidence on the winch.

-Tim

Don GrilloDon Grillo
        Keymaster

I’m there. 

— Don 

On Sep 17, 2019, at 13:48, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Don GrilloDon Grillo
          Keymaster

Any more people coming out? I am an afternoon arrival – 1pm or later, but
          probably would probably not drive out from the city unless it is clear we
          can get a winch op going.

Larry KaseLarry Kase
            Participant

I will be out today. I think we will have 4 instructors.
            Larry

Sent from my iPad

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
      Participant

We are staged and fully crewed to start winch ops as soon as people show up…guys?

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

Will be there ASAP…..denny

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
      Participant

Guys, during today’s 22:30 debrief at picnic table, I think we forgot to get the Lark tail secured correctly, with rudder/aileron locks added along with tail-tie hardware that Tim said he put the storage bin of the next-over glider….

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’d like to help you retain the airworthiness of semi-hi performance composite glider immobilized within the club hangar because it will help the club and because it will also help me to get my IA certificate soundly renewed over time required by CFRS.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Unfortunately, the weather this weekend is bleak for glider operations however: Frank ( the new member) will be available at times we can agree upon together for all’s best interest.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.