Saturday July 1st

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Saturday July 1st

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • #13827
      Tim PonsotTim Ponsot

        Hi Gents-

        I’m not promising any flight instruction this weekend owing to some possible convective activity and less than optimal visibility. It’s a definite maybe.

        All that being said, how about we at least take this opportunity to brief the weather and make a go/no go decision each morning.

        I’ll be up at 8AM sharp. Get out of bed, call my cell at 773-430-9635 and give me a weather brief summarizing conditions and what you feel would be a safe idea. If multiple people call at once I’ll merge the call and we can talk together.

        If you do this, I’ll sign you off for the time it took to gather the necessary information on the PTS Task entitled Weather Information. That should be about an hour of ground that counts toward your next checkride. Be specific, be thorough, and tell me what weather services you consulted to make your decision.

        This smoke obscuration presents a dynamic situation that could flop either way in terms of flight safety tomorrow. We may or may not waste a flying day but let’s not waste a learning opportunity.




      • #13828
        Tim PonsotTim Ponsot

          You could also send me your conclusions and observations via email if you prefer.

        • #13829
          Don GrilloDon Grillo

            That’s a good idea Tim.  I will be out at the field around 9:30
            to meet a prospective new member. is saying showers
            and thunderstorm, mainly after 4pm. Otherwise mostly cloudy. Calm
            winds. We could get some flights in the morning and early
            afternoon depending on cloud height. Anyway, I’ll be there and I’m
            pretty sure our newly checked out towpilot will to.


          • #13830
            Rich WalendaRich Walenda

              Hello:Speaking of learning opportunities I can come out and run a Stop the Bleed course. If interested let me know. In the future I may run a Basic Life Support class. Regards,


            • #13831
              Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny

                Hello Rich. I would like to enjoy your course, but I’m already in Michigan for July 4th camping. Be back at the field next Saturday, July 8th

                Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
              • #13832
                Rich WalendaRich Walenda

                  We can do the courses any weekend. Have a good trip!

                • #13833
                  Rich WalendaRich Walenda

                    Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.It looks ok until the afternoon.

                  • #13834
                    John PhelanJohn Phelan


                      Always interested in learning.  I’ll be out on Saturday around noon.

                      John F. Phelan
                      (S20 Mobile)

                    • #13835
                      Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza

                        I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning and give some tows if needed!

                        Sent from my iPhone

                      • #13836
                        Rich WalendaRich Walenda

                          I can bring the training aids and run a short course. Certificates will be issued.

                      Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.