Saturday July 1st

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Saturday July 1st

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
      Participant

Hi Gents-

I’m not promising any flight instruction this weekend owing to some possible convective activity and less than optimal visibility. It’s a definite maybe.

All that being said, how about we at least take this opportunity to brief the weather and make a go/no go decision each morning.

I’ll be up at 8AM sharp. Get out of bed, call my cell at 773-430-9635 and give me a weather brief summarizing conditions and what you feel would be a safe idea. If multiple people call at once I’ll merge the call and we can talk together.

If you do this, I’ll sign you off for the time it took to gather the necessary information on the PTS Task entitled Weather Information. That should be about an hour of ground that counts toward your next checkride. Be specific, be thorough, and tell me what weather services you consulted to make your decision.

This smoke obscuration presents a dynamic situation that could flop either way in terms of flight safety tomorrow. We may or may not waste a flying day but let’s not waste a learning opportunity.

Cheers

Tim

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
      Participant

You could also send me your conclusions and observations via email if you prefer.

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

That’s a good idea Tim.  I will be out at the field around 9:30
      to meet a prospective new member.  Weather.gov is saying showers
      and thunderstorm, mainly after 4pm. Otherwise mostly cloudy. Calm
      winds. We could get some flights in the morning and early
      afternoon depending on cloud height. Anyway, I’ll be there and I’m
      pretty sure our newly checked out towpilot will to.

Don

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:Speaking of learning opportunities I can come out and run a Stop the Bleed course. If interested let me know. In the future I may run a Basic Life Support class. Regards,

Rich

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
      Participant

Hello Rich. I would like to enjoy your course, but I’m already in Michigan for July 4th camping. Be back at the field next Saturday, July 8th

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

We can do the courses any weekend. Have a good trip!

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant
      Saturday

Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.It looks ok until the afternoon.

John PhelanJohn Phelan
      Participant

Rich,

Always interested in learning.  I’ll be out on Saturday around noon.

John F. Phelan
      (S20 Mobile)

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
      Participant

I’ll see you guys tomorrow morning and give some tows if needed!

Sent from my iPhone

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

I can bring the training aids and run a short course. Certificates will be issued.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.