Saturday Feb 5 Work Report

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Saturday Feb 5 Work Report

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

I’d like to thank those that came out on Saturday to keep working on all those projects to get the fleet ready for some March flying.  It’s just around the corner!

We had Greg Tomczak, Greg Palmer, Don Grillo, Steve Snyder, Jim Hopkins and new member John Belue who came out and got their hands dirty, shared a lunch together, and did some hangar flying before turning off the lights.  BTW: We do heat the hanger during work Saturdays with four “bullet” heaters.  That significantly warms up the joint.

The attached (I hope) image shows an old airport sign which Greg Palmer and Jim Hopkins refurbished and hung above the work bench.  Before Sky Soaring bought our current airport in 1981 it was known as the “Hampshire Aerodrome” and the hangar was used for an aircraft maintenance operation.

hampshireaerodromesign.jpg

Come on out next Saturday and join in.

Thanks, John DeRosa

Sky Soaring President

Greg PalmerGreg Palmer
        Participant

Picture did not show up

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
          Participant
            John and Greg – Easy boys. I get the same email too you know. I was working with Don Grillo on some ideas.
            Per Don we can’t use the skysoaring.com forum system to attach an image. It just plain will not work. So let’s try another way of sending the “Hampshire
            Aerodrome” image by attaching it directly to this email reply outside of the SSI forum system.
            Don > cross your fingers but don’t hold your breath.
            Everyone else > cross your fingers AND hold you breath.
            If this doesn’t work we
            may have to think about using some other methodology going forward for images.
            Inline image

John H DeRosa

On Sunday, February 6, 2022, 08:43:50 PM CST, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

John PhelanJohn Phelan
            Participant

Got the photo but it is of some old buy standing on a stepstool and leaning on a sign.  Plus he has one hand in his pocket.  Must be related to Barry.

Best Regards,

John F. Phelan

Sent: Sunday, February 6, 2022 21:34
              To: phelanjf@gmail.com
              Subject: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: Saturday Feb 5 Work Report

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
              Participant

I wish to thank all of you who came out to work. I see the posts and appreciate you time and expertise. John Lincoln, Maintenance

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.