Saturday 2/25 work party

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Saturday 2/25 work party

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

A message below from Jim Hoppin’ Hopkins.

He did forget to mention that he was helping others in multiple locales, cleaning up after our messes and doing the lunch time food shuttle.

The TEAM  has been out every Saturday lately and will continue until we FLY!

– John

=============================

A good turnout today. ~  13 individuals…

John D,  S Snyder, Don G, Jim H, Gary P, John Belue, Greg T., Greg Palmer, the Ricciardi’s (father and son) and the Legenzas (father and son) and Denny Burke. I really could not keep track of all the work and who actually did what.  My best recollection….

The BushHog is back together after replacing the wheel bushings.  The Hustlers and Ford tractor are lubed and blades inspected.  We also bolted on the Geoff W’s refurbished Pumpkin rudder and re-attached the rudder cables.  (Palmer and Belue).

John D worked on the 1-34 gear / turnbuckles among other things.  He delivered a beautifully re-worked Flight Board that has both a new clock and a chronometer in the same device (from Greg P)!

Gary P was working on the Krosno annual.  Greg T polished the S&S canopy among other things.
        It and the 1-26 canopy ( Legenza’s take home work last week to paint, 40 hours ?!?) looked great.
        Steve S and others worked on canopy frame seals on a couple of gliders and installed new rubber seals.
        Don G worked on and painted the locking latch mechanism on the S & S canopy among other things.

We had hot water … and later some cold beer.  Note all kerosene cans are again empty but the heaters are pretty full.  John D and I will get them refilled next Saturday.

A good day and a good time had by all.

Jim

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.