Samba XXL

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

I have been looking to buy an aircraft.  In my search I have found a Samba XXL for sale.  It is a 2 seat motor glider.   It fits into my price range and therefore I am researching it a bit more.  Questions that I have for the club is if I do purchase it could some club members get some use out of it?  Would there be any interest for glider self launch training?  Is anyone interested in a possible joint purchase of such an aircraft?  I have attached a link to the photo of the actual plane.

https://imgur.com/a/uAXwzAI

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards,

Rich

Anonymous

Rich,

Interesting.  The Samba and also the Sundancer are both built by Distar in the Czech Republic, and I have flown in both of these.  They are both fine planes, certainly more nimble than a Cessna 172.  The Samba I flew in was in Toronto, and the owner there was going to sell his to buy a bigger plane.  I can check with him if you like to do comparison shopping.

After much thought, I did flight training in the Pipistrel Virus and Sinus (49 ft wingspan on the Sinus and 30:1 glide ratio), and have a Sinus Flex Max being delivered in Zephyrhills Florida in the fall.  I did my checkride in KZPH in the Virus in February.  Don also got his self-launch endorsement with CFI Rand Vollmer in KZPH.  The Samba glide ratio is about 23:1 as I recall.

I say go for it if the price is right.

Alan

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
          Participant

Hello Alan:

Thanks for the reply and information.  This Samba XXL is in Nevada.  A few nice planes and this glider have come onto the market.  It would be nice to have winch launch, tow, and self launch all available at one glider port.  I will get some more information from the owner.

Regards,

Rich

Anonymous

60 k not bad as new one is about 160 k or so. Mike Tomazin is the distal dealer in California and could probably give you info on this one.

SAMBA XXL no medical needed

SAMBA XXL NO MEDICAL NEEDED • $60,000 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • SLSA Motorglider,758TT,Fresh annual,Rotax 912uls,ADSB,ready to fly home tomorrow!Full logs • Contact Rory Jackson , Owner – located Las Vegas, NV United States • Telephone: 7025616879 • Posted August 25, 2020 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser• Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist• Report This Ad

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.