Saturday, June 15th, 2019 at 7:57 am #6238Don GrilloKeymaster
I am presenting this resolution at the sky soaring June membership meeting. I hold no ill will against the owner of the a/c. The Board of Directors has for years been telling us that the a/c will be moved and for years nothing has been done. The only way for resolution in this matter is for the membership to take action. I hope you will support me and this resolutions to have the a/c that has been stored for years in the members hanger removed so that we may use that space for club use and not some persons private storage area.
June 15, 2019
- Whereas, The Sky Soaring Board of Directors (BOD) over the past countless years has allowed a single Sky Soaring club member to store his personal powered aircraft in the Sky Soaring hanger for the amount of $100 per month when the going rate at most nearby airports is more than $400 per month, and
- Whereas, The Sky Soaring Constitution & Bylaws does not address that any one particular club member gets preferential treatment in any way or form nor does it address storage or parking personal powered (SEL, MEL) aircraft at Sky Soaring, and
- Whereas, No other club member is allowed to store his/her personal powered aircraft in the Sky Soaring hanger; and
- Whereas, The member has threatened he will quit the club if he is not allowed to store his personal powered aircraft in the Sky Soaring hanger; and
- Whereas, The member only paid $526.00 in 2019 membership dues and will pay $1200 for hanger rent for a total of $1726.00 in 2019, when other members pay over $4800 per year for hanger space of their personal powered aircraft at other nearby airports; and
- Whereas, The Sky Soaring BOD has ordered a shipping container at a cost of over $2200.00 to the club to store club equipment because there is no more room in the hanger, therefore be it
- Resolved, The Sky Soaring Board of Directors direct the Club President to inform, in writing, the owner of the aircraft that is currently stored in the Sky Soaring hanger that he has 45 days from this date to remove the aircraft from the hanger; be it further
- Resolved, In the event the owner has not removed his aircraft from the hanger after 45 days from this date, a fine of $18.00 per day will be imposed on top of rent, be it further
- Resolved, The BOD may come into a special written agreement with club members (L. Kase and L. Krengel) and offer outdoor aircraft parking for one (1) personal powered aircraft (SEL) each at a cost to be determined by the BOD, be it further
- Resolved, The written agreement stating payment amount and other stipulations as determined by the BOD will be signed by the parties and be filed with club records, be it further
- Resolved, The owners of the aircraft must also maintain a current active membership in Sky Soaring.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.