Thursday, March 16th, 2023 at 3:37 pm #13256John DeRosaParticipant
All Sky Soaring Members,
Saturday, March 25th is rapidly approaching and will mark the beginning of Sky Soaring’s 2023 flying season. Our fleet of gliders and tow plane are ready. Are you?
Below are several requirements that every member must accomplish before returning to flight training at SSI. “Flight Training” as not just for student pilots. It is for everyone, no matter how many hours they may have in his log book, as every pilot should consider each flight a continuation of their ongoing flight training.
Here are the things that you must accomplish;
– Attend the mandatory annual Safety Meeting to be held on March 25th in the hangar. While the meeting will be available on Zoom, and also recorded, it is always the best plan to attend in person to get the most out of the presentations and interaction with the speakers. A representative of the SSA’s Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF) will be one of our speakers. Also, there will be food/drinks plus a FREE RAFFLE of a Soaring Society of America jacket.
– Review the SSF’s wing runner training and then pass the test. Be sure to let Flight Chairman Don Grillo know you have passed, then print your certificate to put into your pilot’s folder. https://www.soaringsafety.org/learning/wingrunner/wingrunner.html
– Tow Pilots – Review the SSF’s tow pilot training and then pass the test. Be sure to let Flight Chairman Don Grillo know you have passed, then print your certificate to put into your pilot’s folder. https://www.soaringsafety.org/learning/towpilot/towpilot.html
– Review the Sky Soaring Policies and Procedures manual. No testing is required! https://skysoaring.com/policy-and-procedures-manual-5-1-2021-ms-word/ [login required]
I look forward to a great soaring season in 2023 with “SAFETY FIRST” as our motto.
Sky Soaring Board of Directors
Thursday, March 16th, 2023 at 7:30 pm #13257John BelueParticipant
Hey John the meeting time is 9:00AM is that correct if not let me know.Thanks,
Sent from my iPad
Thursday, March 16th, 2023 at 7:54 pm #13258Steven SnyderParticipant
Yes, the Safety Meeting is 0900 on the 25th.
Steve Snyder. Sent from my mobile
Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 7:39 am #13259Art SilvermanParticipantIt’s going to be freezing at the hanger. How can I zoom the meeting?Art—–Original Message—–
From: SSI <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Thu, Mar 16, 2023 7:55 pm
Subject: Reply To: Reminders and Requirements for Flying in 2023; By Steven Snyder, [Sky Soaring]
Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 8:02 am #13260John PhelanParticipant
The 10-day forecast is calling for temps in the low 50’s on March 25th.John F. Phelan
Friday, March 17th, 2023 at 8:10 am #13261John DeRosaParticipant
The long range forecast for Saturday, March 25th is for the mid-50’s, possibly higher. Of course, we will also heat the hangar as we have done in the past. You might wonder why we don’t use an off-site location. Each year we look into the possibility of using a local library, restaurant, etc. The problem is the availability of a reliable internet connection for Zoom. As yet no site will guarantee our requirements. Some also restrict bringing in outside food.
The Zoom access information for our safety meeting will be sent out next week.Thanks,
John H DeRosa
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.