rainy day entertainment

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content rainy day entertainment

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Rainy day

some short entertainment for vintage fans .

Enjoy.

Salutem,

Barry

Anonymous

Ok, need some help the video link did not come with it.

Don GrilloDon Grillo
          Keymaster

Barry, I think you put the link in the Tags box. It should be in the message body.

Here is the link Barry wanted to share with everyone.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vuixM8sjw&feature=youtu.be

On another interesting topic. Has anybody seen the PBS documentary called “Escape from Nazi Alcatraz” of the glider that was built in an attic during WWII which was going to be used by POW’s to escape captivity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colditz_Cock

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
              Participant

Whoa! Glider boat? Really?

Steve

Anonymous

Hi Don!
                  Thanks for the historic youtube link! That era of history never ceases to intrigue me since childhood over 40 years ago.
                  I’ve procured amass of technical datum to update me on current CFRs since my professional years some time ago.
                  Stick and rudder skills remain present, albeit a little rusty. Wouldn’t you agree? 🙂
                  However; The technology tools and CFR changes over the past 10 years are very noteworthy in a healthy fashion towards re-currency.
                  That’s no problem, just diligent dedication employed on my part for proficient currency which is sorely lacking at present.
                  I sincerely appreciate the tireless time and dedication you have sacrificed and demonstrated.
                  I look forward to helping club objectives via outlined member support participation.
                  I hope to be more prepared with more critical knowledge skills when returning on the next available flying day.
                  I’ve procured the suggested reading materials in your club’s operations manual along with more up to date CFR’s and other FAA approved fundamental flight operation standards.
                  Have a great day!

Frank

Anonymous

Stay out of the rain y’all so you don’t become “all wet” 🙂

Anonymous

Don, any idea when we might be able to get HIGH again?  Only sunny days for the coming week are Monday and Friday from the weather forecasts.  Would like to get some more training in before the snows start blowing.

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
                    Participant

I’ll be back in town for a few days starting on Wednesday afternoon.  I’m available to tow and or instruct if there is interest in getting an operation going later this week.

-Mark

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                      Keymaster

Alan, I’m not available today (Monday) but lets try for an operation later in the week. Maybe when Mark gets back, Wed, Thurs, or Fri.

Anonymous

Don,

Sounds good…. Thurs or Friday would work for me….

Maybe we can get the thermalling competition going again with Andy and
                            Lawrence.

Alan

*___________________________________________________________________________*

*Dr. Alan P. Kozikowski*

*Cell 773-793-5866*

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.