Pawnee Headset

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Hello Tow Pilots, I purchased a Lightspeed Zulu 3 ANR headset for myself and will keep them in the Pawnee for use by all. The control pod is velcro’d to the radio for easy on/off and volume control access. It does have auto shutoff in case you forget to turn off the power however, battery life will last longer if you turn it off when you have a break in towing. AA Batteries will be in the office desk drawer. It does have bluetooth so, you could pair it to your phone so you don’t miss any important calls from the flight chairman.  I would like to fabricate some type of hook to hang them on when not in use. Better than laying on the cockpit floor.

Best Regards,
        Don

P.S. The David Clark headset will receive but not transmit, all you get is a carrier.

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
        Participant

In the past we have sent DC headsets to the manufacturer for refurbishing.  They come back practically good as new.  But it can case >$100.  Is it worth it?

Here is a link to a testing guide.  Maybe we can figure it out.  Bad plug?  I can fix that.

https://www.davidclarkcompany.com/files/literature/Headset_Testing_Instructions.pdf

– John

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.