New Members

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

Instructors,

First, many thanks for being an instructor at Sky Soaring.  You are our most important ingredient.

Lately we seem to have had an influx of aspiring glider pilots, both old and young, lately.  This is a good thing for the growth of our club and for the sport of soaring.

I was working yesterday with student D.J. Spencer after he proactively asked how to take the wing runner course.   He seems like a good motivated youth and quickly passed the test – then printed a certificate of that accomplishment.

I noticed that he didn’t have a pilot’s folder – to place his wing runner certificate – so I created one for him.  What was also found missing was a signed legal waiver which is required and especially important for those that need a parent’s approval.  He had previously flown without one as far as I can tell.

So please, prior to first flight as part of a new member’s indoctrination, create a Pilot’s folder and have a legal waiver appropriately signed.

Copies of all needed new-member (and guests) forms are in the flight box and in the blue and green books.  Empty file folders are in the office (bottom shelf of the bookcase behind the desk).

I repeat, many thanks for being an instructor at Sky Soaring.  You are our most important ingredient.

– John DeRosa, President, Board of Directors

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.