Missing Cell Phone

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Missing Cell Phone

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John OsbornJohn Osborn
      Participant

My cell phone seems to have escaped. It was last used during the Annual Meeting in the hanger. If anyone has seen the little rascal, please give me a call  (on my wife’s phone) 815 985 1261.

John Osborn

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
        Participant

I will be out at the field today and will take a look. 

Did you try using the “FindMe” functions of Apple or Android?  It will show the last known GPS fix.  I’ve had to do that several times!

Best Regards,
          John DeRosa

John OsbornJohn Osborn
          Participant

John,Can you give me a website for the FindMe function or explain how to do this. The phone battery is dead. I tried the Google FindMe  but it says the phone does not respond.Thanks,John O

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 10:33:36 AM CST, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
            Participant

John,

I was always under the assumption that Google (and Apple?) would have kept a log of past GPS tracks.  Thus you could use FindMe to determine where your phone was when it went dark.  After some research I guess this is not the case. 
              Try this – Google “Timelines” which shows were you have been if this function was turned on (probably so but some turns this off for privacy).  In my case this info goes back to 2014 and clicking on the last bar in the graph shows me where I am today.  See the attached image.  Now everyone knows where I am!   https://www.google.com/maps/timeline.
              Inline image
              Best of luck.
              John H DeRosa
              =======================================

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:10:56 AM CST, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.