Membership Meeting 9AM Saturday May 21

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Membership Meeting 9AM Saturday May 21

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

This coming Saturday May 21st at 9AM will be our regularly scheduled membership meeting in the hangar.  This happens every third Saturday so put it on your calendar for the future.

Vice President John Osborn will be leading the meeting as I will be on my way to Albert Lea Minnesota for the Region 7 soaring contest. Member Geoff Weck is the contest director and Greg Palmer will also  be in the contest.  I plan on coming in last but having fun nonetheless.

Regional contests are low key and fun, and a good way to improve your soaring skills.  You might want to try it yourself next year – you just need to work getting a Silver badge and find a glider to fly.  Work with Steve Snyder and the “Training Ground” system to improve your skills.  I will bet that the board might just let someone borrow the club’s PW-5 in 2023.  Just sayin’.

– John DeRosa

President, Sky Soaring Glider Club

Art SilvermanArt Silverman
        Participant

Does anyone want to meet tomorrow morning at Alan‘s restaurant for breakfast?

Sent from my iPhone

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
          Participant

I’ll be there 8am

Steve Snyder. Sent from my mobile

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
            Participant

I’ll take breakfast (as usual) too. But Steve, should be there a little bit early since you have flying setup at 8…?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
              Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
              Participant

No flying before the meeting. 8am Sunday

Steve Snyder. Sent from my mobile

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
                Participant

See you at 8am then

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
              Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.