LARK

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Karl LandlKarl Landl
      Participant

All:

When arrive at the field and drive down to my trailer I always look at all the club gliders to see how they were tied down especially after storms with high winds etc. But I also look at other things. Today, I quickly noticed that the aileron locks on the LARK were not installed. To my disbelief they were lying in the grass! To top it off the clearly marked LEFT AILERON lock was under the right wing and the RIGHT AILERON lock under the left wing!!! How is this possible? They are matched! Unfortunately I had no witnesses (maybe my wife)? But please belief me. The canopy cover came lose on the left side and shifted over to the right side exposing the sliding canopy window which happened to be open. Had the rain shifted maybe coming from the east (possible) the cockpit would have been filled with water. I fixed all that. There were some other things but this may be enough.

Karl (chronic complainer)

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

These items are important notifications!.
          not a chronic “complaint” at all.
          (A tiedown checklist is probably being forgotten, or not even being used
          at all.)

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
          Participant

Thank you, Karl.

All, we need to slow down and be more careful. To our seasoned members, be sure you are available and supervising the closing process. To our newer members, please ask for assistance and have someone double check your work.

These assists are expensive and need to be handled properly. If something is damaged we lose the capacity to maximise our flying. Let’s all work together.

Steve

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.