Karl Landl – "80+ Years" – Huh?

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Karl Landl – "80+ Years" – Huh?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

Karl,

I was going over the flight sheets for Aug 30 and saw this written in the margin on your pay envelope > “Mid-season check ridge with Mike Vaughn.  80+ years.”

You are going to have to explain that statement. I know, for a “fact”, that you are only 65 years old!

What gives?

– John “<span class=”ILfuVd yZ8quc”><b>Ω</b></span>” DeRosa

Karl LandlKarl Landl
        Participant

John!
          I know for a fact that I was born in 1937. To make sure I checked my birth certificate. Just came back from the field where I met Don Grillo. The water did not reach up to my trailer yet like it did in June when it even entered it. I’m not too concerned but who knows how much rain will still come. I guess your trailer had some water under it.Hey, the greatest soaring season ever!
          Karl

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
            Participant

81 years young!  Congrats on this milestone.  I guess I had it in my mind that you meant that you had been FLYING for “80+” years.  Well, that couldn’t have been right as you are far, far, too young.  So, how many years have you been doing this flying thing?  When, and where, did you start?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
            Participant

Wait till you hear the fascinating story of Karl & the JU52 transports in the Austrian mountain valleys!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.