Friday, February 11th, 2022 at 7:49 pm #11675
In Condor, therefore in real life.
Task: 55LL-Beliot-Lake Geneva Aire-55LL
Weather: 270@7kt Cloud base 7,200 ft Thermals strong
Task distance: 82NM, 151KM
Task time: 2:28
Avg speed: 33kt
Now just need to plan for a day with similar conditions.
LET’S DO THIS!
IGC file available on request.
Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 5:07 pm #11707
Task Sprint 55LL- Poplar Grove- Galt- 55LL
Cloud base 7,500ft
Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 5:09 pm #11708
This is the results you receive via email.
<h1>Scoring Sky Soaring tasks</h1>
<h2>Condor Soaring Simulator Flight</h2>
<h2>Completed Sky Soaring Sprint CW in 1:25:37</h2>
<h3>98.1 km scored flight distance at 37.1 kt
Handicap speed: 59.4 kt [Beta]</h3>
- Hit Sky Soaring at 12:11:46
- Hit Poplar Grove at 12:32:08
- Hit Galt at 13:16:46
- Hit Sky Soaring at 13:37:23
<h3>Flight passed within 2.0 km of the following waypoints</h3>
- 12:00:21 to 12:11:48 near: Sky Soaring
- 12:18:21 to 12:25:24 near: Walpole
- 12:32:04 to 12:34:33 near: Poplar Grove
- 13:16:44 to 13:18:58 near: Galt
- 13:37:21 to 13:41:52 near: Sky Soaring
<h3>Other Flight Info</h3>
- Take off detected at 12:00:21 UTC
- Off tow detected at 12:00:21 UTC
- Take off pressure altitude is 3900.9 ft raw
- Altitude correction is 0.0 ft
- Guessing glider type: SGS 1-26D, handicap: 1.6
- Multiple potential types identified as follows: SGS 1-26A (1.65), SGS 1-26B (1.65), SGS 1-26C (1.65), SGS 1-26D (1.6), SGS 1-26E (1.6)
- Update your flight computer for a better match
- Glider ID: MERLIN2
- Pilot: Steve Snyder
- Flight date: 2022-06-21
Done scoring Sprint 1-26 vs L-13 2-19-22.igc
Thank you for using the Proving Grounds scoring system
Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 5:23 pm #11709Dennis BurkeParticipantNice. Does the Condor flight create an IGC file,Â for later viewing ?
Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 5:59 pm #11710
It does. The procedure is to click on “Analyze Flight” when you finish. At the bottom you should see “Save IGC file”.
Sunday, February 20th, 2022 at 8:14 pm #11715Dennis BurkeParticipantThat’s super.Â Â The altitude profile might be really interesting to watch later, by the pilot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.