Internet Speed Increase!

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Internet Speed Increase!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

You may have noticed a two new antennas on the roof of the hangar at the west end.   These are part of a new connection we have that increases our internet speed (wired and wifi) from a piddly 1.5mb to a robust 25mb.

– John “Electron” DeRosa

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

As you know, in late 2017 i told all club board about this problem (
          up-link much less than even 1.5Mbit, …like 250 Kilobits rate, over Fox
          Valley Wireless).
          Hence, the camera up link was junk on FVW.
          But nobody wanted to drop money on a different link-method, when I reported
          this.
          If the new system is on wireless cellular LTE technology, then of course we
          will get 25Mbit downlink, and way lot better “megabit” uplink for a video
          system that needs it.

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
            Participant

Unfortunately, we would have doubled the yearly cost of the internet connection to get the faster speed.
              However, we are still on Fox Valley Internet and at a fantastic price.  How does FREE (!) strike you?   SSI struck a deal with FVI for free service in exchange for their use of our hangar to broaden their local coverage.  
              – John 

Richard BellRichard Bell
            Participant

Hi John,

Thank you so much for making the internet speed increase happen.

I have had absolutely no trouble logging into the web cam site since the increase of internet speed at SSI.

Also, many thanks to Dennis Burke, (who I have yet to meet), for listening to my thoughts about the web cam system.

Dick

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
                Participant

Now we need a refresher on how to connect to the web cam.

Steve

John BakerJohn Baker
                    Participant

It also works with the iPhone app at dusk, I use vMEye (which has an ad line above the pic)…

Sent from my iPhone

Attached images:

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                        Keymaster

John. What are settings you use for vMeye to connect to the webcam.  Specially the mobile port and the dvr user ID?  I’m having trouble connecting. 

— Don 

On May 25, 2019, at 20:11, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Anonymous

Hello:I am also interested in seeing if I can connect to the web cams via my Android.  I travel often on I-90 to Rockford and if I see something unusual or someone suspicious I could then stop by.  With the new truck stop and berm the view from I-90 is obstructed.  
                              Can someone please send out an instruction page to link into the system?
                              Thanks.Regards,Rich W.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                      Participant

Hi Don, did you get answer for Mobile Port and NVR user ID , to use on John Baker’s iPhone mobile app (vMeye)?

If not, there is a 2011 document (powerpoint PPT doc) on webcam and  connections, by John DeRosa.

In it, he states some numbers for those parameters of the Zmodo system, viewable in the “Setup” tab of Zmodo webpage.

They may be still good, but in the presentation,  the IP address for the NVR is NOT “64.135.213.7”,…it is some other address “192.xxx.xxx.xxx”. used way back then

So that PPT presentation  is old, but it is available from SSI “Files/docs” folder.

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
                          Participant

Butcher shop Expert.On sky cam.
                            Mister B, is using IPad,not AndroidSky Veb cam is using not support Protocol :ERR,SSI,or CIPER.Apps
                             Apps “KMEye” ,  “Swann View”  on Motorola x Phone. Result- connecting,buffering and nothings.DVR plug,NET drive. INFO:NetDvrPlugin 1.6.6.14 – DVR PC Client Plugin : STARIVER CIRCUITS (HK) CO., LIMTED : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

|
                            |
                            |
                            | | |

|

|
                            |
                            | |
                            NetDvrPlugin 1.6.6.14 – DVR PC Client Plugin : STARIVER CIRCUITS (HK) CO…

NetDvrPlugin.exe – commonly used client to interface with cheap CCTV DVRs. Only Compatible with a few DVRs.You a…
                            |

|

|

IF you want Check  PORT on REMOTE IP :Open Port Check Tool – Test Port Forwarding on Your Router Open Port Check Tool — Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

|
                            |
                            | |
                            Open Port Check Tool — Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

A free open port check tool used to detect open ports on your connection. Test if port forwarding is correctly s…
                            |

|

|

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
                          Participant

<div>Butcher shop Expert.On sky cam.</div>
                            <div></div>
                            <div>Mister B, is using IPad,not Android</div>
                            <div>Sky Veb cam is using not support Protocol :ERR,SSI,or CIPER.</div>
                            <div>Apps</div>
                            <div> Apps “KMEye” ,  “Swann View”  on Motorola x Phone. Result- connecting,buffering and nothings.</div>
                            <div>DVR plug,NET drive. INFO:NetDvrPlugin 1.6.6.14 – DVR PC Client Plugin : STARIVER CIRCUITS (HK) CO., LIMTED : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive</div>
                            <div>IF you want Check PORT on REMOTE IP :Open Port Check Tool – Test Port Forwarding on Your Router</div>
                            <div>https://www.canyouseeme.org/</div&gt;
                            <div></div>
                            <div>https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/</div>

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                            Participant

Andy, better to ask John Baker and John DeRosa,  on this question.

I am not compliant on Apple products, nor MAC/ ipad/ iphone hardware. My mobile is android-based.

I was an ibm-PC, UNIX on Sun, user in my learning years at work environment, a century ago…later forced into the Windows 3.x, NT, ME, 7,8,9,10 maelstrom.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.