Highway Construction Update

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Highway Construction Update

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

A couple of things to report.

– It appears from all of Julie’s utility flags, spray paint markings, “temp easement” sticks, and other signs that the construction work of the culvert under Rt20 at our driveway is about to begin.    As a reminder RT20 will be a one-way street for the duration of the work with an automated stop-light signalling system.   Also an alternate driveway and gate will be created. If you are bringing in a trailer, I suggest coming in from the southeast, not the northwest, direction of Rt20.  I believe that this work will take one season but who knows?  The project number is #1-79090-0000 for which I cannot find many details other than the cost ($2.5m) and “2019”.  Maybe you will more luck on an actual start date.  I will try to contact IDOT to find out details on the date for construction start and report back.

– The intersection of RT20 and Harmony road (the intersection just to the northwest) is under construction to build a traffic circle (roundabout, rotary).  Currently Harmony road is completely blocked by concrete barriers on the east side of RT20 and has zero access to/from that side.   More details at http://www.idot.illinois.gov/projects/us-20-at-harmony-road. 

John DeRosa

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.