Golf Cart

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John LincolnJohn Lincoln
      Participant

I received a Club Car golf cart from my son-in-law that I am NOT going to use. It is in need of a lot of service. New batteries, some disconnected wires under the seat, a key to start it among other things. The board said that the club was interested in it even though it needs this work. I took it to the airport yesterday and parked it in the hangar. Obviously we have someone who knows something about golf carts as I hear about them being worked on a fair amount. So look at this one, and see if it can and is worth being repaired. I have priced used carts and they range anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. This might be a opportunity for the club to get a cart fairly inexpensively.

If the club decides it doesn’t want the cart let me know and I will come get it and donate it to charity.

John Lincoln

John PhelanJohn Phelan
        Participant

Golf cart batteries can be had for under $200 each and a typical cart needs 6 of them.  Depending on the condition, the interconnect cables between the batteries may need to be changed out as well.

Of more concern is the statement about disconnected wires under the seat.  That could mean anything from a couple of loose wires that need to be plugged back in to missing components that those wires ran to in a former life.  Another question is the type of charger necessary for this new cart.  If it is compatible with our current chargers, we can make it work.  If not, new ones cost $300+, depending on features.  The mechanicals will also need to be looked at so see how the transmission, bearings and tires are.  Brakes, too.  Keys are no big deal.  They are all interchangeable.

My suggestion: Make this a winter project.  We can use the down time to figure out what it will take to breath new life into it and if the cost is worth it.  If it is, we rebuild it over the winter.  If not, John L. can donate it.  My weekends are pretty tied up through October, but I should have time in November to take a look.  I’m happy to see what can be done if y’all promise to keep DeRosa away from it until I can get out there to have a look.

Others may have different ideas.

Best Regards,

John F. Phelan

Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 13:08
          To: phelanjf@gmail.com
          Subject: [Sky Soaring] New topic: General Discussion, Golf Cart

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
          Participant

I forgot to mention that I got the charger for the cart. It’s on the back of said cart. John Lincoln

John PhelanJohn Phelan
            Participant

Well, that just shaved $300 off the tab.

Best Regards,

John F. Phelan

Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 15:23
              To: phelanjf@gmail.com
              Subject: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: Golf Cart

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.