Free CPR/AED and First Aid Training

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Free CPR/AED and First Aid Training

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

In the aviation spirit of “paying it forward” I am offering FREE CPR/AED and First Aid Training.  As usual there is a catch.  The training is offered to any Sky Soaring member (share holder or Patron) who is regularly at the field.  It does not make sense for me to certify someone who will not be around to help if there is an incident or accident at the field.  After training you will receive a certification card that is valid for 2 years.

My training center is authorized by the American Safety and Health Institute.   ASHI training programs are recognized, accepted and approved by, or meet the requirements of, nearly 4,500 state regulatory agencies, occupational licensing boards, national associations, commissions and councils in more than 120 occupations and professions.  ASHI is under the Health and Safety Institute.  HSI is a nationally accredited organization of the Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education.  Due to our ongoing commitment to high-quality training programs, quality assurance and customer service, HSI’s emergency care training programs enjoy a respectable standing inside and outside the United States.

HSI’s CPR, AED and first aid training programs are equivalent to the programs offered by both the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Red Cross (ARC). HSI is a recognized major sponsor of CPR training programs.

There are 2 options.  We can run a blended class in which the you do the bookwork on your computers at home and then we meet for a skills teaching and testing session or we can do an all instructor led hands on course.

Please contact me if you are interested in one or both of those courses.   Also, I am an American Heart Association CPR/AED instructor so you get a free instructor who has multiple certifications and is well qualified to teach.  For our purposes we will use the ASHI program.

I also can run a 16 hour Wilderness First Aid course which teaches survival and first aid skills for use in remote areas where emergency medical services are not readily available or delayed.  This course requires the student to make a significant time commitment and be ready for the academic and skills challenges.  You need CPR/AED and First Aid certification before taking this class. We can talk about this one a bit more later.

Regards,

Rich

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
        Participant

Hello:

So far, I have 1 person interested in the free training and certification.  Anyone else interested?

Regards,

Rich

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.