Flying Thursday June 8th

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Flying Thursday June 8th

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      John LincolnJohn Lincoln
      Participant

Is there any interest in getting an operation going on Thursday. It’s looking like a pretty good day. Lift from 3.1 to 4.7 knots up to as high as 7,100 feet msl. Northeast winds from 9 kts dropping to 6 kts later. There won’t be any Cu’s but who knows there might be dust devils, I’ve seen 6 or 7 so far this year. John O and I will be out rigging the PW-5 at 11. We should be done with that by noon so if we can get a tow pilot I would like to fly after that, probably around 1:30 or so. How about it, any tow pilots? John Lincoln

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
        Participant

Hello all, I really would like to help you with all operations or assembly our ships… Tomorrow I’m leaving to Europe and will back on June 24th. Have a fun here.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2023 1:06 PM
          To: petrfolw@comcast.net
          Subject: Flying Thursday June 8th, By John Lincoln, [Sky Soaring]

I am interested

Kees van de klippe

John ScottJohn Scott
          Participant

Unfortunately I’m leaving town Thursday for at least 10 days.

John M. Scott

Don GrilloDon Grillo
            Keymaster

John L. I will be out on Thursday and can give you a tow.

Don

Jeff MoranJeff Moran
              Participant

How many?

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                Participant
                  I will be there to fly on Thursday.
                  We had Q’s today even though SkySight.IO didn’t predicted a blue day.
                  Same diagnosis for Thursday – blue. But life is now predicted to be 1,000ft higher up to 7K.
                  See you at the airport.
                  John H DeRosa(OHM Ω)
                  West Dundee, Illinois, USA
                  mailto:john@derosaweb.com
                  http://derosaweb.net
                  “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”– Albert Einstein

On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 01:05:56 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

New topic posted by John Lincoln. Flying Thursday June 8th, In General Discussion forum.

Is there any interest in getting an operation going on Thursday. It’s looking like a pretty good day. Lift from 3.1 to 4.7 knots up to as high as 7,100 feet msl. Northeast winds from 9 kts dropping to 6 kts later. There won’t be any Cu’s but who knows there might be dust devils, I’ve seen 6 or 7 so far this year. John O and I will be out rigging the PW-5 at 11. We should be done with that by noon so if we can get a tow pilot I would like to fly after that, probably around 1:30 or so. How about it, any tow pilots? John Lincoln

Unsubscribe from this Topic; https://skysoaring.com/forums/topic/flying-thursday-june-8th/

Attachments Allowed: msword, excel, pdf, jpeg, bmp, gif, png. 2mb max.

Tim PonsotTim Ponsot
                  Participant

I’ll come out tomorrow to instruct/offer moral support/tinker with various farm implements.Cheers

Tim

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                    Keymaster

It’s Thursday June 8th and SkySight says lift to 7000 ft. We have
                      a towpilot and an instructor available. We have 6 club aircraft
                      available to fly.  Play hooky from work and come on out to Sky
                      Soaring. Goto bookourplane.com and
                      schedule your aircraft.

Don

Karl LandlKarl Landl
                      Participant

I most likely will be out to make a flight with Tim.

Karl

On Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 07:44:14 AM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                        Participant

Any chance of a Repeat on tomorrow (Friday) (In case we cannot play hooky due to car problems)….DB

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                          Keymaster

We had a great Soaring day yesterday, lift above 7000 feet. John D had a three hour flight and John Lincoln had a very long flight as well. I’ll be out there today mowing, if anybody needs a tow come on out. Skysight says there will be lift to 6000 feet today.

— Don
                            John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                            Participant
                              Nice long flight for John L topping out at 8200ft. Wow.
                              Click on https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N104JL to play the flight.
                              John H DeRosa(OHM Ω)

On Friday, June 9, 2023 at 08:27:26 AM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Reply To: Flying Thursday June 8th From Don Grillo, [General Discussion Forum]

We had a great Soaring day yesterday, lift above 7000 feet. John D had a three hour flight and John Lincoln had a very long flight as well. I’ll be out there today mowing, if anybody needs a tow come on out. Skysight says there will be lift to 6000 feet today.

— Don

Unsubscribe from this Topic; https://skysoaring.com/forums/topic/flying-thursday-june-8th/

Attachments Allowed: msword, excel, pdf, jpeg, bmp, gif, png. 2mb max.

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                              Participant

Thursday was a nice day indeed. My averager showed 3.5 knot lift for the whole day. I did have bursts of 7 to 9 knots of lift which was very nice. I never got to cloud base as the lift seemed to stop well short of the bases. Wind at altitude was fairly light. 12 miles south of Hinckley is as far south as I have ever been from Sky Soaring. All y’all out there need to come out and fly on the nice days. SSI’s ships are up and ready for use. Our fleet is there for your use and it is the one big benefit that the club has. Use one of our ships and no hourly charge for it like the other clubs. So lets get out there and FLY!!!

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                                Participant

Anyone besides Don out at field today?

anyone flying, or just maintainance?I called the hanger phone, 12:30 pm, but no answerI cannot get Foscam NVR app on my Android to ” add a device”. Only allows ADMIN for login ID. Does not allow GUEST login ID.So I couldn’t check cameras for activity
                                  Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
                                  Participant
                                    Hello all from Czech! I’m so jealous you had a great flight day on Thursday. But congratulation to John & John for long flights. Petr
                                Viewing 15 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.