Flight Sheet Rant

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Flight Sheet Rant

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

Generally the flight sheets and envelopes are pretty darn good.  But going over them  today there are a few rants du jour (in order of rant level);

– I fear that we are loosing important Day Member fees.  Several times the cash, check, gift certificate or Groupon coupon is missing (twice on 8/24).   Whichever it is needs to be in the envelope.  This needs close attention to detail.  Many thanks to the PIC for doing this money making task but it ultimately is their responsibility to collect the fee working closely with the person running the board.

– The Saturday Aug 24 flight sheet was COMPLETELY devoid of any fee amounts for every flight .  We sometimes assume that the person “at the board” (who did a really nice & neat job) is the one that enters this information, in reality it is YOUR (PIC’s) responsibility to make sure that each line is complete and correct.  All needed fee information is listed on the form at lower right.

– Always enter the first and last name of the PIC and any instructor or passenger, including day members.

– The Day Member should not be listed as the PIC.  Their name should be listed in the “Passenger” column.  Only a Sky Soaring member can be a PIC.

– The instructor fee changed this year to $10 (up from $9).

– Flight type is often missing.  The flight type list is at lower right of the form.

– Military time only is to be used.  This particular metric is quite important so that the hours on each club glider’s airframe can be recorded for maintenance purposes.

– Please pay your fees before leaving the field.

Thanks, John “Rant” DeRosa

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
        Participant

I just got done with reconciling the flight sheets and pay envelopes for Aug 28, Aug 31 and Sep 2.  Pretty darn good I must say.
          Just a few little rants;
          – Couple of people forgot to pay.  One person, who will remain nameless, paid for two flights but forgot the third.  Hmmmm.  Another was an INSTRUCTOR!  Oh well.- Enter information about weather, lost/broken items, and other general news in the “Miscellaneous” box at the bottom middle.
          – The far right hand column can be used for specific details about a particular flight such as “1st solo” or “check ride”, etc.  Congrats to Laurentiu “Lawrence” Nicolae!
          – When paying by check be sure to enter the textual amount in the form of “Thirty Five and no/100’s” with a long dash afterwards so there is ZERO room to write something more “interesting” in the blank areas.  I could have easily made this work a real money maker … for me, that is. 
          – Not sealing the pay envelope makes my life a bit easier.  No biggie.  
          – Good penmanship counts towards my year end approval rating for y’all.  You know who you are.
          I have been making some minor changes to the flight sheet so let me know if there is any way to improve the form. 

Thanks for doing a good job overall. 

John H DeRosa(OHM Ω)
          ====================================================

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
            Participant

good….that’s because me and Mark R did the 8-31 sheet ! A bigger problem
              was that 3 SSI members took themselves off the signup sheet…

Michael VaughnMichael Vaughn
              Participant

John,

Was I the instructor who forgot to pay?

I used two coupons, so I have no way of knowing if you received them.

Thank You.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone

Anonymous

I don’t know if this helps clear things up; on 8/25 there were three “John” written in on the “to fly” sheet (no last names). Two were for my flights with Gary, the other was for another John ( I don’t remember the last name, but he had an amazing 2 plus hour flight in his own glider).

John Dudlak

John Dudlak

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                Participant

When I joined the club I became the 4th or 5th John. John O told me that most of the guys with our name either go by our last names or “John O, or L or D, etc.” depending on which John you actually are. Maybe we should try to get back to that. It might help out John D!!!

Lincoln aka John L

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.