Culvert Contruction and Harmony Road Intersection

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Culvert Contruction and Harmony Road Intersection

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

The Harmony Road intersection is now opened in all directions and is a four way stop.   The entrance from the east had been closed for 6+ months (which is how I was getting to/from SSI).  Ultimately, this intersection will be a roundabout (rotary, traffic circle).

I don’t have any updates on the culvert work at our entrance as to when it will be finished.  It was to have been completed last fall but there were delays which, as I understand it, IDOT fined the company for.   I did notice that some over-winter work has been completed and that the one lane road has moved to the east side of Rt 20 (not that this helps us much).   For trailers being driven to the field this spring I suggest entering our temporary entrance from the south rather than the north.  If approaching from the north (me!) I suggest going past our entrance and turning around in the Loves parking lot or via the Elgiloy factory entrance (Tang Blvd).  Hopefully, all work will be completed in 2020.

– John DeRosa

Anonymous

Hoi John,

Did you notice how high the creek was, even thou we have ad no significant rain or snow?

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
          Participant

As far as I could tell the creek level was not an issue.  Certainly it was within its banks as I drove down along the tie downs.
            John H DeRosa(OHM Ω)West Dundee, Illinois, USA
            mailto:john@derosaweb.com
            http://derosaweb.net “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einsteinhttp://derosaweb.net/matrix_codes/DeRosaweb_URL_MC.png

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.