Cessna 182 Icing, Fuel and Seats

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Cessna 182 Icing, Fuel and Seats

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Hello Tow Pilots,

I have uploaded a new file to the tow pilot section of the website. A must read for all tow pilots.
        This pdf file contains information on Cessna 182 carb icing. It also talks about wing tank fuel and some problems that may be encountered with full wing tanks.  Also, the cockpit seat adjustment check and the hazard of the seat sliding back at rotation.  You will find the file at this link.
        http://skysoaring.com/ssidownloads/cessna-182-carb-icing-seats-and-fuel-read-me/

Don

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant

Thank you for the updated Information

Anonymous

> Cessna 182 Carb Icing, Seats and Fuel, Read Me
            > You do not have sufficient permissions to view this page
            > Go back to previous page <>

> On Sep 3, 2018, at 9:02 AM, Sky Soaring wrote:
            >

Anonymous

don it says I don`t have permission to view it jim

—–Original Message—–
              To: skogjim

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
              Participant

Question:  does N4711D have all of the other comcerns? ( the ones on the 56-86 buyer’s guide excerpt pages ).

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                Keymaster

Denny, not sure what document you are talking about. Can you post a link to it.
                  Don

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                  Participant

Sorry, I was not very clear on my Posting.  The document is the same one ( carb icing) that Don uploaded to the forum. Pages 3 thru 6 talk about the other 182 concerns ( fuel flow, seats, etc) and that Section is called the “1956-1986 Buyers Guide Excerpt”. That heading is top of page 3.

My post was just asking if those other concerns were also applicable to “11D”. ( Sorry for confusion )

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                      Keymaster

Denny,

Rubber Bladder Cells.
                        Our 182a does have the rubber bladder fuel tanks. So we need to
                        be careful when fueling that you don’t put the nozzle into the
                        tank to deep where you might nick the bottom of the bladder.  We
                        DO NOT have the flush style fuel caps, we have the umbrella-style
                        caps.  Probably would be a good idea to shake the wing prior to
                        checking the fuel sumps for water as described in the document.

Carb Ice.
                        Something we can keep an eye on when flying in cooler weather. Our
                        let down procedure should prevent carb ice.

Uneven Fuel Feeding.
                        Since we do not fill the tanks to full capacity, this should not
                        effect us.

Seat Tracks.
                        Applies to us and we should always rock the seat back and forth to
                        make sure that the seat pins are seated into the holes.

Don

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.