Any Members Snow Plow?

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Any Members Snow Plow?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Do any of our members do snow plowing in the winter? If so, would it be possible for you to plow our driveway at the field?  We have some work we’ll be doing on the tow plane and Lark and the snow is getting rather deep and making it difficult to drive in.

Thanks in advance.
        Don

Richard BellRichard Bell
        Participant

Don,

I have a Kobota tractor with a bucket and rear blade. I have cleared the driveway in the past. I need to be able to get the tractor and trailer far enough into the driveway, (clear of Rt 20), to be able to unload it though.

I have not been past the field for a couple of months, and don’t know what the new entrance is like, or how much snow has accumulated there.

Can anyone fill me in on that?

Thanks,

Dick Bell

Don GrilloDon Grillo
          Keymaster

Hello Dick,

Thank you for the kind offer. The snow at the entrance of the driveway is probably 10″ by now and maybe more because the snowplows going by on RTE 20 add to the amount. I would suggest unloading your tractor at the Loves truck stop and driving your tractor a few hundred feet down rte 20 to our entrance. Unless you have a raised 4 wheel drive truck I wouldn’t suggest pulling into the driveway.  We can have someone meet you at Loves to help, just say when and we’ll be there.

Regards,

Don

Richard BellRichard Bell
            Participant

Hi Don,

What I have done in the past is to park my truck and trailer on Getty road just short of the stop sign, and unload the tractor there, then work on the entrance until I can move the truck and trailer onto SSI property.

If I do that, I would need someone to stay in my truck until I can move it.

Dick

PS How much in a hurry are you to get this done?

You can give me a call on my home phone at 815-923-216 I will be here today until around 1:00p

Don GrilloDon Grillo
              Keymaster

Hello Dick,

Thank you for the kind offer. The
                snow at the entrance of the driveway is probably 10″ by now and
                maybe more because the snowplows going by on RTE 20 add to the
                amount. I would suggest unloading your tractor at the Loves
                truck stop and driving your tractor a few hundred feet down rte
                20 to our entrance. Unless you have a raised 4 wheel drive truck
                I wouldn’t suggest pulling into the driveway.  We can have
                someone meet you at Loves to help, just say when and we’ll be
                there.

Regards,

Don

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.