Reply To: Secret mission to SSI

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Secret mission to SSI Reply To: Secret mission to SSI

Don GrilloDon Grillo
Keymaster

Thanks for the report Tim.  I’m not happy hearing that we have a leak on the Hustler. I’m going to SSI today to inspect the groundhog holes in the runway and see if any have been dug out by the little critters. I went out last week and filled them in.

I’ll have a look at the Hustler and see whats going on with that rocker arm cover. If I can find the manual, their may be a part number or I may have to search online for a new gasket.

I do find that it’s good therapy going out to the gliderport and just hanging around, by myself. I feel refreshed after walking the runway, looking over the disassembled gliders in the hangar, sweeping the floor or just sitting with the hangar door open and watching the world go by.  It’s amazing how quiet it is with hardly no traffic going by on hwy 20 and no airliners flying overhead.

Hopefully, Sky Soaring (our club) will survive this, financially.  Many members have not paid their first quarter dues and with the field note due every month we only have enough in the account for a few months. Also, taxes will be due. We will not be able to fly until at least April 30th.  I ask all members to please pay your quarterly dues. If you are in financial hardship due to this pandemic please, inform our Club Treasurer, Steve Snyder, so that he can make note in his records. We do not want to lose any members due to this hardship we are all going through.  We will get through this and we will be flying as soon as we can.

Stay Safe,
    Don Grillo
    Membership Coordinator

P.S. Steve’s email address is: smsrsnyder@comcast.net