Reply To: CFIGs and Tow Pilots

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content CFIGs and Tow Pilots Reply To: CFIGs and Tow Pilots

Geoff WeckGeoff Weck
Participant

Perspective

Hi Fellow SSIer’s
    For those who don’t know me I have been a member off and on since 1974.  I have held Board positions as Flt Chair, VP and President as well as a couple of years as Safety Comm Chair.  I am also currently the Region 7 SSA Director.  Enough about me.
    Each of our Board members are dedicated, engaged members who volunteer countless hours to ensure that the club survives, grows, and succeeds.  They deserve your gratitude and support.
    We are a small group whose reason for existence is to fly and enjoy soaring in a cost effective way.  This requires that each member contributes something to the cause both financially and in the form of volunteer labor.
    Sometimes, individual members disagree with a specific Board decision or direction and that is okay.  What’s not okay is forming sides, being decisive, and threatening to “withhold services”.  There really is no place for that in an organization of this size.

If you disagree with the Board on an issue take your concerns directly to them, state your case, and respect their decisions.
    If you have gotten this far , thanks for reading this.

Geoff