Weekend flying

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

I’ll be at the field around noon to tow until 4pm. Should be a nice Soaring day.

I will not be available Sunday.

Don

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Only 6 flights today – the first day of fall and the end of summer.  The season is coming to a close and a good day was utilized by a brave few who showed up for  a semi breezy day with take offs and landings on runway 9.   A good day to sharpen skills.  A bit of maintenance was also done with some grass cutting by John L. and John OHM and Don & Garry checking/maintaining the Krosno.  Ops started after lunch.

Peter F. flew for almost 3 hours.  Rich W. and Mike V. went up in Pumpkin to mark Rich’s 1,000th logged flight (power and glider) since 1989. Art S. flew with a scenic ride guest.  Andy C. took 2 solo flights in Pumpkin and Don G. & Art teamed up for a 45 minute Krosno flight.  Gary P. did the tow work.  A nice day but we wish a few more members showed up for flights before the end of the season.  Don G. covered as CFI and Rich W. as GSO.

As you know, fall is here.  Pumpkin has the appropriate decoration on the nose for the season.  We may get a few more nice days in before the weather turns toward winter.  Thanks to all who showed up and put an operation together.  Lets get some flights in!

The weather tomorrow:

Sunday:  Isolated showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Southeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Speak up if you want to get an operation together.

Regards,

Rich – thinking of flight 1001

Gary PalumboGary Palumbo
      Participant

Mark M and I will be out today September 24 if anyone wants to join us

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.