Wednesday June 19th Flying?

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Wednesday June 19th Flying?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

With June 19th being a holiday, I’m checking to see if anyone is interested in flying that day. Are there any instructors available to assist?

Thanks,

Ratnavel

Zack O'GradyZack O’Grady
      Participant

I’m also off work and would be interested in flying or helping out with any projects.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

We would need a tow pilot. My recommendation would be a small operation in the morning. It will get hot. The wind should be manageable. Since it will be hot I suggest drinking lots of water. Keeping an eye out for localized thunderstorms is also advised. The afternoon weather may be “interesting”.

A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 92. Heat index values as high as 96. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

I have the day off and can assist as GSO and wing runner.

Please speak up if there is any interest in an operation.

Regards,
      Rich

Michael PalmerMichael Palmer
      Participant

I am going to be at the field doing my check out in the Pawnee.  I will be there to fly, and or help with wing running, flight log, or towing gliders depending on need.  Trigg will likely also show up to help and fly.  Mike

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

What time are you starting?

Michael PalmerMichael Palmer
      Participant

Rich, I am starting at 9, while there won’t be towing right away, I suppose anytime people can start pulling gliders out assuming the weather is conducive to doing some training or flying. Mike

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Is there an instructor available to come out this morning to give a few instructional flights?

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

We have a new tow pilot at Sky Soaring. Let’s all congratulate Mike Palmer on his checkout on the Pawnee. May you have many happy glider pilots, after dropping them off in lift.

— Don

image5.jpeg
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Today we met at the field as a small ad hoc group.  Mike Palmer was working on his tow check out.  Always wanting to help out, I assisted by letting him tow me in my 1-26c. The tow was great, the lift – not so much.  It progressively got hotter and windy.  Zack O’Grady and I took up “Pumpkin” for a fun flight and found just a little bit of lift and saw some cumulus clouds forming.  After the flight it just got too hot and windy to continue so we called it a day.  Maybe we will have more cooperative weather Saturday.  Thanks to Trigg Palmer and Zack for wing running and to Don Grillo working as GSO and advisor.  Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday morning.

Regards,

Rich

John ScottJohn Scott
      Participant

Congrats Mike. Now as a tow pilot you’re everyone’s friend at a glider club! 😎
      John M. Scott

Zack O'GradyZack O’Grady
      Participant

Congrats Mike!

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Congrats! And thanks for towing today!

John ScottJohn Scott
      Participant

John M. Scott

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.