This weekend… and beyond

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content This weekend… and beyond

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

The next 3 days are looking decent. Each one flyable and getting progressively better. Sign up now for the days of your choice so the tow pilots can make plans to support.

Let’s do this!

Art SilvermanArt Silverman
        Participant
          I will out on Saturday.
          Art
          —–Original Message—–
          To: Arthurttu@aol.com
          Sent: Fri, Jul 16, 2021 12:06 pm
          Subject: [Sky Soaring] New topic: General Discussion, This weekend… and beyond

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
          Participant

I’ll be out Saturday 

Sent from my iPhone

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
            Participant

I will strong attempt to be onsite Sat.

I could also use some refresh training in Krosno

John OsbornJohn Osborn
              Participant

Me too.John O

On Friday, July 16, 2021, 03:41:47 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Brendan StewartBrendan Stewart
                Participant

I plan to be out this afternoon.

Participant

Saturday turned out to be a busy and productive day. In total there were 23 flights. A few guests and prospective members added to the training and personal flights of our members. A big shout out to Eric who has returned as the prodigal son. Eric did 12 tows and John Scott did 11. We had a visit from our esteemed member Paul Alexander who enjoyed a flight in the Krosno. It was great to see so much activity going on. Thanks to all for supporting your club.

Participant

So now for beyond. There is interest in Monday and the forecast looks good. Lift close to 6k at 4kts.

Participant

Tried posting this earlier. Hope this comes through.

So now for beyond. There is interest in Monday and the forecast looks good. Lift close to 6k at 4kts.

Steve

Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 6:22 PM
                        To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
                        Subject: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: This weekend… and beyond

James SlocumJames Slocum
                        Participant

I will try to be there.  I would like to do a x-country to poplar grove and disassemble it into dollies in my hangar.  This will enable me to do some trailer modifications

Jimbob

Sent from my iPhone

John ScottJohn Scott
                          Participant

I’ll be out about noon.

James SlocumJames Slocum
                            Participant

Sent from my iPhone

Participant

Well, today was a good day. Maybe not as good as forecast but a good all around. Most, but not all of the grass is mowed. Work needs to be done around the tiedowns. The following were present and accounted for. Lincoln, Slocum, Legenza (plus Pete as always helpful), Hurd, Nicolae, John Scott always willing to tow, and myself. Times varied from 9 mins to 3:47 (never guess who that was). 4 additional were over 1 hour with Nick just scratching the 2 hour mark in the 1-26. Altogether 9 flights. Special mention to JimBob for attempting to fly his 1-26 back to Poplar Grove. Alas, it was not to be. Stay tuned for more. As a result we had a Schweizer reunion gaggle at one point with 2 1-26s and the 1-34. Video to follow. We were also joined by the Ventus and a 737 at one point.

Steve

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 12:03 PM

Participant

Tried to post this. Maybe this will work.

Sunday 25 July.

Sky Sight has upgraded the forecast to show 4kts of lift up to 8500ft.

Any interest? Any towpilots?

Monday is almost as promising.

Steve

Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:32 PM
                                  To: ‘skysoaring2018+usc_K7WoSTMxMjCsKTI0sDCyrCkBUoYWAA==@gmail.com’ <skysoaring2018+usc_K7WoSTMxMjCsKTI0sDCyrCkBUoYWAA==@gmail.com>
                                  Subject: RE: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: This weekend… and beyond

Well, today was a good day. Maybe not as good as forecast but a good all around. Most, but not all of the grass is mowed. Work needs to be done around the tiedowns. The following were present and accounted for. Lincoln, Slocum, Legenza (plus Pete as always helpful), Hurd, Nicolae, John Scott always willing to tow, and myself. Times varied from 9 mins to 3:47 (never guess who that was). 4 additional were over 1 hour with Nick just scratching the 2 hour mark in the 1-26. Altogether 9 flights. Special mention to JimBob for attempting to fly his 1-26 back to Poplar Grove. Alas, it was not to be. Stay tuned for more. As a result we had a Schweizer reunion gaggle at one point with 2 1-26s and the 1-34. Video to follow. We were also joined by the Ventus and a 737 at one point.

Steve

Participant

There will be a tow pilot on Monday starting at 1100hrs.

John Lincoln says it will be a good day. I tend to agree.

Sunday was a good day for the few that came out. Petr was gone over 2.5 hours and young Paul took us to Union and back at 6k for almost 1.5hrs.

The grass (hay) was mowed under the open trailers. Thanks Don for towing.

Steve

From: Steven Snyder <smsrsnyder@comcast.net>
                                    Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:58 PM
                                    To: ‘skysoaring2018+usc_K7WoSTMxMjCsKTI0sDCyrCkBUoYWAA==@gmail.com’ <skysoaring2018+usc_K7WoSTMxMjCsKTI0sDCyrCkBUoYWAA==@gmail.com>
                                    Subject: RE: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: This weekend

Tried to post this. Maybe this will work.

Sunday 25 July.

Sky Sight has upgraded the forecast to show 4kts of lift up to 8500ft.

Any interest? Any towpilots?

Monday is almost as promising.

Steve

From: Steven Snyder <smsrsnyder@comcast.net>
                                    Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:32 PM
                                    Subject: RE: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: This weekend… and beyond

Steve

From: Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com>

John OsbornJohn Osborn
                                    Participant

I will be out tomorrow.John O

On Sunday, July 25, 2021, 06:29:36 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant

One more time. Tuesday flights start at 10. Sign up now if you are in town.

Steven Snyder224-628-2871
                                    Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.