The week ahead

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Finally looks like the weather will be improving. Friday the temperature should be around 80 and the winds calm down. This trend should hold at through Monday so if you are itching to fly sign up now so we can all be ready.

Participant

Friday is looking even better. Top of lift 5800@3kts.

James SlocumJames Slocum
          Participant

Sorry I can’t be there to tow, I’m in AZ till Tuesday visiting my wife’s family

Sent from my iPhone

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
            Participant

Friday does indeed look fairly good. Any tow pilots for Friday? Saturday not quite as good but still decent. John Lincoln

Participant

Last call for Friday! The weekend should be nice as well.

Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
                Participant
                  I’ll be out today… but I have take my motorcycle to Randy’s in Marengo for a headlight repair this morning. I may call to see if I can get a ride to the field if anyone is available to help. 
                  greg 
                  Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                  Participant
                    I put myself down for SUNDAY flyingDB

Participant

Friday was a beautiful day at 55LL however the forecast was not quite up to standards. There were 4 training flights with Andy keeping us up in the Krosno for 1 hour. Well done!

Saturday I plan on an early start at 0900. Lift to 6k@3kts.

Sunday 5k@2.5-3kts.

Let’s do this!

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                      Participant

I can be out in the morning. Fly and wing run.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                        Participant

I’m planning on coming out on Sunday. John Lincoln

Participant

Well, did someone say it would be a beautiful day? Indeed it was. Started out at 10:15 and we were steady all day. A total of 13 flights, a potential new member and 3 flights over 1 hour. AND are you ready for this? Petr off and away in the PW-5 for 6:06! Oh, by the way, Rich. A couple of pilots reported reaching 6k plus. Just needed to wait it out for the lift to mature. Rumor has it a strange looking flying machine made an appearance. Something called Bravo 2 and it made a noise like an angry mosquito. There is supposed to be film of this Loch Ness coming out of the corn. Really?

Thanks to Don for towing and Tim for instructing.

Now, about Sunday. Lift to 5k@3kts, light winds and Hmmm there was something else going on. Well, you will just have to show up and find out.

That’s all for now but stay tuned for updates.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                            Participant

Thanks for the update. I made it up to 4 and hung around for about 40 min. A good pilot is always learning. It was a good day.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Participant

SUNDAY! a beautiful day at Sky Soaring. Featured attraction was Nick achieving his Private Glider Pilot Certificate. 2.5 hours of oral cross-examining and 3 flights and we have a newly minted glider pilot. First task? Take his grandfather up for a 1hr flight.  Congratulations, Nick.

Total of 12 launches today, several for extended times. Pete Legenza served up grilled brats and dogs and everyone enjoyed the day. Not to be over looked please welcome new members father and daughter team Shane and Laurel from Monroe WI. Check out their beautiful RV12. Just right for the commute from behind the Cheddar Curtin.

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
                                Participant

Thank you to everyone for making this possible. My journey is only starting.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim HopkinsJim Hopkins
                                  Participant
                                    Nick,
                                    Congrats to you, your family and the SSI support group !
                                    Jim
                                    John OsbornJohn Osborn
                                    Participant

Hi Nick,Congrats on your first step in the aviation field. We are all looking forward to see where you go from here.John O

On Sunday, August 15, 2021, 06:54:05 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
                                      Participant
                                        Congrats Nick! It was so nice to see your lovely family there to share your success. Indeed, your journey is just starting … 
                                        greg t
                                        John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                                        Participant

Nick, Congrats. You are now in a very special club. I hope you maintain your sailplane flying even as you pursue more aviation goals. John Lincoln

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.