Sunday

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Hoping to have an operation Sunday. Looking like flying will not start until 10 at the earliest. It should be a nice Fall day with light winds. Sign up or reply if you’re interested. I also have a guest ride planned.

Steve

Participant

Hoping to have an operation Sunday. Looking like flying will not start until 10 at the earliest. It should be a nice Fall day with light winds. Sign up or reply if you’re interested. I also have a guest ride planned.

Steve

Participant

Today was a day of firsts. 11 flights total, thanks to Gary for towing. We had a first flight with a young lady having a scenic ride with John Scott. We had a first glider instructional flight with Emery, a 14 year old future youth member on a FAST program flight. She came to us via a Young Eagles event at LITH airport. AND we had not 1 but 2 FIRST SOLOS today. Congratulations to Animesh and Paul for completing their solos on this beautiful day. Now to study and complete their Private Glider certificates.

Thanks to everyone that came out and offered their support. This is truly a team sport.

Steve

Animesh BijawatAnimesh Bijawat
              Participant

Thank you, Major Snyder and everyone. I couldn’t have completed my solo with your and everyone else’s help. I look forward to continuing my journey in aviation with Sky Soaring. I look forward to the next steps

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
              Participant

Hello:

Steve, the thanks goes to you today for organizing the day.  The rest of us were glad to help.  Everything went smoothly with safety in mind.  It was a nice Sunday.  Congrats to Animesh and Paul!

Regards,

Rich

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                Participant
                  Hugh congratulations for Animesh and Paul. You will always remember your first solo!
                  John H DeRosa(OHM Ω)
                  West Dundee, Illinois, USA
                  mailto:john@derosaweb.com
                  http://derosaweb.net
                  “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”– Albert Einstein

On Sunday, October 17, 2021, 06:02:42 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                  Keymaster

Congratulations Paul and Animesh!!! You will never forget this day. Continue to learn everything you can about aviation. And remember, safety is number one.

— Don Grillo
                    Brendan StewartBrendan Stewart
                    Participant

Congrats Animesh and Paul! May this be the start of a long and rewarding journey in aviation!

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Congrats! no small feat!</p>
                        Ps: was there any discussion on Repeat in this upcoming week, any interest noted?

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                        Participant

Good Job Animesh and Paul. All at SSI are happy for you and your accomplishment!

John Lincoln

Laurentiu NicolaeLaurentiu Nicolae
                          Participant
                            On Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 8:31 PM Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:
                            Participant

Sunday, October 31st. Is there any interest? It may be windy but the season is coming to an end.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                              Participant

Hello:

I have a wooden stake to take care of vampires and silver bullets in case of ware wolf visits.  If Halloween eve is ok I should be able to be out Sunday.  What time are you thinking of starting?

Regards,

Rich

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                Participant

Hello:

If I make it through Halloween eve I want to fly Sunday.  I have some wooden stakes to fend off vampires and some silver bullets in case of ware wolf visits.

What time are you starting?

Regards,

Rich

Participant
                                    On Oct 30, 2021 7:16 PM, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant

And the missing response was:

11 AM

John ScottJohn Scott
                                      Participant

I’ll be out at 11:00.

Trick or Treat Emoji

On Saturday, October 30, 2021, 8:02:19 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant

Upon further review, Sunday is cancelled due to winds.

Steve

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.