Saturday Flying

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Art SilvermanArt Silverman
      Participant

We have at least two students coming out on Saturday.  Can I get a tow pilot and an instructor at the field at 9:00?

Art

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello: We have a CFI-G, tow pilot, GSO and decent weather. Stop by and fly.Regards,

Rich

Barrett GoodwinBarrett Goodwin
      Participant

Do you have all the same lined up for Sunday morning as well?ThanksAndrew

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 12:56:54 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Today we had 5 flights. Thank you to Mr. Scott for towing and Mr. Vaughn for CFI duties.  Mr. Silverman was the perfect GSO.  Tim Gaither took 3 flights.  I got 2 flights in, including one with my son!  No lift to speak of.  Average 3 k tow was a 16-18 min flight.  Mr. Reich handled the board.  All assisted in golf cart tow and wing runner duties.  Not a bad day with scattered clouds and about 85*F.

Regards,

Rich

Participant

Are we a go for tomorrow morning too?Andrew

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 04:04:33 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello Barrett:You need to speak with your CFI to see if they are available. You need a tow pilot. This is AirVenture weekend so many members are out of town. Then you need a GSO and wing runner. It’s a group effort. Today we had minimal staffing and a small operation. I have not heard from anyone wanting to fly tomorrow.Regards,

Rich

Participant

Rich,I was told told yesterday via email that Barrett could fly at 9:00am tomorrow. I just have not seen confirmation on tow pilot like I saw via email for today. I don’t want to drive one hour tomorrow morning to find out he can’t fly. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Andrew

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 04:34:20 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Sunday weather: Sunny, with a high near 80. North wind 5 to 10 mph. I can GSO, wing run and/or fly.
      Anyone want to set up a small operation?
      Regards,
      Rich

Participant
      I plan on coming out, but I will probably be there after 10:00am. We still need a tow pilot and a CFIG. Any volunteers?

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 05:00:00 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
      Participant

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 05:28:02 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Karl LandlKarl Landl
      Participant

Forget about booking your plane! This is not a commercial operation!

Karl

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 06:24:43 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant
      to new club members
      sky soaring is not a glider pilot school we are a glider club
      members are sometimes janitors ,sometimes mechanics and mostly we cut the grass
      Learning to fly is on a voluntary basis, by club members who are instructors or pilots

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 04:47:37 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:I booked a 1-26 on BookOurPlane (sorry Karl, I ceded to technology). I see that Andy also booked a glider. I need a tow pilot to book or show up. I can also assist with GSC, wing running, tracking flights or even ground school topics as an AGI. Art will be there. A tow pilot is needed for the certificated pilots. A CFI for students will also be helpful. July is almost over so lets enjoy the summer.Regards,Rich

John ScottJohn Scott
      Participant

I can tow tomorrow Sunday 30 JUL at 11:30.

For any instructional flights, we need a CFI or another tow-pilot and I can instruct.

See you tomorrow between 11:15 and 11:30.

Participant
      We are looking for a tow pilot and instructor for day. Any volunteers?

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 07:27:38 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant
      Sunday sky walk: july 30/23
      ceiling was 5000 ft, lift was 7kn. average flight time was over 30min
      no one wanted to be in the air any longer because the other members were waiting.
      There were more than 10 flights in total?
      thanks to silverman.A john.S, greg.T ,it was a nice day
      I think we should repeat it on Monday, the photo is as proof that I am not lying.
      altitude: 4788 ft
      length: 16.6 sm

On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 04:04:14 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Attachments:

Participant

Barrett is interested in flying today if anyone is available. Andrew

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 09:54:49 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.