Saturday 8-12

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      John LincolnJohn Lincoln
      Participant

Looking like a nice day Saturday although blue. Temps in the 88 to 89 degree range. Winds west at 8 to 10 knots and lift to 4.5 knots up to 6,100 feet AGL. We’ll see. I’m hoping to get in a flight with John Osborn in the Krosno. Booked it from 1:00 to 2:30. If there’s a waiting list we’ll cut it short. Hoping there will be a tow pilot, wing runner and GSO on Saturday. John Lincoln

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

I am planning on being at the field.  I can fly, wing run, and/or GSO.

Saturday weather from NOAA:  Sunny, with a high near 85. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

I like your forecast a bit better.

Regards,

Rich

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
      Participant

I’ll be out to tow Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water is important on these hot August days. Dehydration can cause a loss of cognitive and decision making ability. Both are essential for safe flight.

With that said, if you are able to supply/donate a case of water please do.

— Don
      Daniel SpencerDaniel Spencer
      Participant

How late will you guys be up there? I’m coming up at 1pm.

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

In all probability an operation will still be going at 1pm.

Regards, John DeRosa
      West Dundee, IL

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello: Passing by the field Friday afternoon. Gate is wide open – no one around. I checked the area and then locked the gate.

Rich

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
      Participant

Any interest in Allen’s corner tomorrow morning?

Sent from my iPhone

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
      Participant

About Alan’s corner breakfast. I will be there at 9am

Sent: Friday, August 11, 2023 6:48 PM
      To: petrfolw@comcast.net
      Subject: Reply To: Saturday 8-12; By Nicholas Legenza, [Sky Soaring]

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
      Participant

Hi All,There is some interest in flying tomorrow (Sunday, Aug. 13th). Is anyone able to tow starting around 11am? Please advise.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

12 flights today! A nice Saturday.  Glider Pilots were: Dave Winters, Kees, Petr F., John Osborn/John Lincoln, John Scott, Rich, Daniel Spenser, Andy C., and Andrea Scott.  Towing by Nick and CFI work by Don Grillo.  GSO by Rich.  Several golf cart retrieves by Mr. Phalen and everyone assisted in Wing Running.  Thanks!

Gliders used were: Pumpkin, one 1-26, Krosno, PW5 and Petr’s blue wonder.  Most tows were to 3,000.  The longest flight was 2 hours by team Osborn/Lincoln in the Krosno.  The next highest were about an hour and half by Kees in the PW5 and Petr in his own ship. John Scott had almost an hour in the 1-34.  My 1-26 flight was 20 minutes – they must have used up the lift before I got there.  Everyone drank water (by the way the refrigerator is not that cold…).

Slowly the summer is ending.  Labor day will be here soon.  We need to try to get a few more operations going.  Also, if you do an operation during the week please post a recap so we know what we missed and it may entice some of us to take a day off and fly during the week.

According to AOPA and General Aviation News, 80% of student pilots drop out of training each year before receiving their pilot certificate. Lets fix that and also lets have our certificated pilots fly often to stay current and proficient.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Rich

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Also, I forgot to mention Mark Reich for running the board and keeping order. Thanks!

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

It’s Sunday and we could use an instructor and commercial pilot. We have people waiting for rides. I’m the only one here.

— Don
      Art SilvermanArt Silverman
      Participant

Sorry I could not help today. Vacationing Out of the country

Sent from my iPhone

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Sunday canceled. No flying today.

— Don
      James SlocumJames Slocum
      Participant

Sorry I’m not there to help. I’m out of the country since last week.Next Sunday, 20 August, is Poplar Groves (C77) annual open house, it’s always a great visit.

Jimbob

Sent from my iPhone

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
      Participant
      Will we pass up this good day to fly

august 16/23
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

The weather for Saturday August 19th:

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 83.
      Sunday:  Sunny, with a high near 91.

The season is more than half finished. Share a glider/double the fun.  Lets fly!

Regards,

Rich

Barrett GoodwinBarrett Goodwin
      Participant

Barrett would like to fly this Saturday and Sunday. Do you plan to operate this weekend if the wx is good?Andrew

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:56:58 AM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

John PhelanJohn Phelan
      Participant

There is a Club meeting on Saturday morning, as well.

John F. Phelan
      (S20 Mobile)

Barrett GoodwinBarrett Goodwin
      Participant

Barrett would like to fly Saturday morning if you will be operating. Please let me know. Thanks!Andrew

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 06:56:32 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.