Saturday

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Art SilvermanArt Silverman
      Participant

We are still looking for an instructor or tow pilot…….

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

I will not be out at sky soaring on Saturday. Please stay well hydrated and in the shade when possible.  T-storms possible in the afternoon.
      Don

flight chair 🪑

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

The weather will be hot – 90*F – and breezy at 17 mph gusting to 35 mph in the afternoon.  It appears that an operation around 10 am  to early afternoon will be all that we get until its too hot and breezy.  That will be similar to what we faced Wednesday.  My advice is to come early if you want to fly. And drink lots of cold water.

Regards,

Rich

David WintersDavid Winters
      Participant

I will try to be to the field by 9:30 to stage gliders.  Will fly until 200 as long as weather holds.  Hope someone will be there to se flight coupons!

Michael PalmerMichael Palmer
      Participant

I will be out around to 9 to prepare the Pawnee to tow, and it sounds like Gary will be out there at around 10 which hopefully means we have an instructor. I am only able to be there until noon or a bit after, but it sounds like the weather won’t allow much beyond that in any case. Hopefully some motivated pilots are out to get some birds ready to go so we don’t spend the morning unpacking instead of flying! Mike

Gary PalumboGary Palumbo
      Participant

Krfd wind forecast 210/15 gusts 28 at 9am. Winds will increase throughout the day. I am canceling for today.

Michael PalmerMichael Palmer
      Participant

Thanks for the early decision Gary.   I agree that the forecast looks grim for effective training or fun flying.  I am cancelling for today as well.  Mike

David WintersDavid Winters
      Participant

Gary and Mike-  thanks for letting us know conditions are not favorable for flying.  I was just about to start my one-hour drive!

Dave

Gary PalumboGary Palumbo
      Participant

A tow pilot and instructor will be available on Sunday June 23.

Zack O'GradyZack O’Grady
      Participant

I’m planning to be at the field by 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Calvin ScottCalvin Scott
      Participant

Just wondering does anyone know if operations are happening today?  Would like to know before I start my 45 min drive to the airfield. Any insight would be appreciated.

Zack O'GradyZack O’Grady
      Participant

Field is probably saturated from the rain last night.  I’m going to sit tight for now unless I hear otherwise.

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
      Participant

Flying WX conditions to the new members:  We have on on-field weather station that has a web-link you can view with tablet or mobile phone.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KILHUNTL69

you should have been briefed on calling-visiting:  1800WXBRIEF.com or  Rochelle AWOS at 815-562-2955 for weather observation.

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Sorry I will not be out at SS on Saturday. Everyone be safe and stay well hydrated. Keep a watch for thunderstorms in the afternoon.

— Don
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Art:

For Saturday- Gary is a tow pilot and instructor. He will be there around 10.

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
      Participant

I can make it out Sunday. Looks a lot better than Saturday, cooler and no rain in the forecast.
      Sent from my iPhone

Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster
      Sorry I will not be out at SS on Saturday. Everyone be safe and stay well hydrated. Keep a watch for thunderstorms in the afternoon.

— Don
      Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
      Participant

Let me know if there is any interest in tomorrow 06/23 I am available to tow.
      Sent from my iPhone

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:Thank you for the early announcement of the safety decision. Tomorrow may be better for flying.Regards,

Rich

Larry KaseLarry Kase
      Participant

I will be out at 10am Sunday to instruct.

Larry Kase
      Sent from my iPad
      Aaron SciclunaAaron Scicluna
      Participant

If there is an operation, I would like to come out today if I don’t get called in for work. Aaron

Sent from my iPhone
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:The surrounding airports are reporting broken clouds at 1100-1500 feet. Looking up at the sky in Elgin it looks dark and defiantly not broken. It may clear up since the non aviation weather is forecasting partly sunny with winds up to 20 mph. Regards,Rich

The field is fine, come on out

Kees van de klippe

IMG_6866 We had an uninvited guest on the runway today.

We returned him into the creek.Other than that only 1 flight today with a low cloud base.Kees van de klippe

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.