Saturday

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Saturday will be a good training day. If we have a tow pilot early I would like to start at 8am.

Steve

Participant

All, I’m calling for a 9am start. Time spent reviewing procedures and maneuvers. Tows start at 10:30.

Steve Snyder. Sent from my mobile

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

I will be out in the morning, too.  Sunday forecast is horrible so Saturday is the best day of the weekend.
      <div class=”row row-even row-forecast”>
      <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Saturday:  </b>Sunny, with a high near 83. Southwest wind around 5 mph.</div>
      </div>
      <div class=”row row-odd row-forecast”>
      <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”></div>
      </div>
      <div class=”row row-even row-forecast”>
      <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Sunday:  </b>Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 68. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.</div>
      </div>
      <div></div>
      <div>I will bring my STOP THE BLEED training items with me.  Free training for those interested.</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>Regards,</div>
      <div>Rich</div>

Participant

Turned out to be a very nice day. Only 10 flights possibly due to the later start but some good training including some training for new members Mikolay and Armando plus a potential new member that Gary took up for a FAST ride. Rich came out and flew plus trained several members in the “Stop the Blood” first aid training. Kees also came out and mowed plus flew. Nick flew in showing style in the Cub (I got to see him depart while I circled at 3k feet above the field.

Thanks to Don and Gary for towing as well as working on a small oil leak on the Pawnee.

Steve

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Today was a good training day for glider flying.  I found some lift and stayed up for 38 minutes.  I know its just a mere warm up for some but for me it was a nice flight.  We also had 6 members who completed the Stop the Bleed course.  Thanks to Steve Snyder, Kees Van de Klippe, Greg Tomczyk, Mark Reich, James Hopkins and John Osborn for attending.  I can hold another class next Saturday if there is interest in one.

As Steve stated, the weather looks horrible for the next 2 days.  The long term forecast shows a nice Saturday and Sunday…

Regards,

Rich

Participant

Turned out to be a very nice day. Only 10 flights possibly due to the later start but some good training including some training for new members Mikolay and Armando plus a potential new member that Gary took up for a FAST ride. Rich came out and flew plus trained several members in the “Stop the Blood” first aid training. Kees also came out and mowed plus flew. Nick flew in showing style in the Cub (I got to see him depart while I circled at 3k feet above the field.

Thanks to Don and Gary for towing as well as working on a small oil leak on the Pawnee.

Steve

Sent: Friday, September 9, 2022 8:35 PM
      To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
      Subject: Reply To: Saturday; By Steven Snyder, [Sky Soaring]

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.