Lost and found

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
      Participant

Hello all. I’m at the field to pick my ship and found somebody’s Motorola phone in the bathroom. The phone is in the office now. Petr

Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Have a great week of flying!

Steven Snyder, CFI-G
      224-628-2871
      Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
      Participant
      Thanks Petr … I’m on my way to pick it up. Safe travels … good wx, & enjoy.
      greg

skysoaring.com> wrote:

Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
      Participant
      Hi Steve … congrats on doing very well in the Windy City 1-26 Regatta.
      greg
      John ScottJohn Scott
      Participant

DITO Steve!
      John M. Scott

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

Steve – Please write a note about how the week was flying with all the 1-26 folks.

John PhelanJohn Phelan
      Participant

Thanks to Jim Hopkins for helping with the bush trimming project this morning.  Still a long way to go but we got the front part cut back.  Tops & back still need to be knocked down.  And plenty of cuttings need to be raked up & moved to the burn pile.The rain fought us to a stand-still but we’ll be back to tame the jungle.  Feel free to jump in.

John F. Phelan
      (S20 Mobile)

Participant

Here is a brief recap. For more details look up 1-26 Association on Facebook.

This was a Regatta or fun meet. It was held at and sponsored by Windy City Soaring and was an official SSA sanctioned event. You may have heard chatter on 123.30 if you were flying. There were 9 gliders with 11 pilots until Curt Lewis decided to focus on being
      the Contest Director. We had guys from Ohio, New Orleans, Washington State, Nebraska and 3 gliders from Illinois. Ages from 16 to 82. Arrival was Saturday for most. Sunday rained and Monday was windy so Tuesday became a practice day. Wednesday, Thursday and
      Friday were official contest days. The tasks were designed to be simple enough for beginners like me but challenging for experts like JimBob. They were a minimum of 25 miles and averaged around 45 miles with a minimum time on course of 1.5 hours. There was
      only one land out all week but several relights were needed.

Overall this was a great event and plans are already underway to have a repeat performance next year.

Steve

Participant

A postscript to my earlier comments. It was great to see Greg and Denny who stopped by and were able to watch the pilot briefing and launch operations. Next time perhaps they will bring a glider as well.

Cheers!

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
      Participant

It was good to see / learn how a regatta starts, with many (+9) gliders on the Grid, and observe a gaggle. And of course see Steve, JB, and other enthusiasts.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.