First Responder Training

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content First Responder Training

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich WalendaRich Walenda
      Participant

Hello:

Spring will be here soon and we all shall meet at the field to fly and train.  For 2023, I am offering training sessions for the “Stop the Bleed” course and Basic Life Support.

(How much does a STOP THE BLEED course cost?  Typically, there is no charge for most STOP THE BLEED® courses.  All of our instructors volunteer their time and expertise to teach STOP THE BLEED® training.)

If there is enough interest I can also run one Basic Life Support class.   Last year I only had 1 SSI member who completed First Aid and CPR/AED training.  This year I am changing tactics and can offer 1 BLS class.  For BLS:

Students learn how to recognize a life-threatening emergency, how to provide basic life support and what to do in case of an airway obstruction or choking. ASHI’s Basic Life Support, BLS training course for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers has been approved for training for Emergency Medical Services personnel and is accepted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).  BLS Training Course – Perfect For Individuals in the healthcare or professional rescuer field that are required to have completed a professional-level basic life support training course.

Required for Successful Completion (Certification)
      Written Evaluation -Required for all students as part of the basic life support course.

Skills Evaluation – Students must perform required skills competently without assistance, to complete the BLS certification training.

CAPCE – Continuing educations (CE) hours for EMS professionals are available for ASHI BLS from Health & Safety Institute (HSI), a CAPCE accredited organization.

The BLS course is a higher level class than Basic First Aid and CPR/AED.  I will run the class for free – most places want up to $100 for the class per student.

(Is BLS training hard?  The short answer: No, the class is not generally considered difficult – however, compared to lay rescuer CPR & First Aid classes, there is a greater amount of information covered and the skill requirements are slightly more technical.)

Please let me know if you are interested in either class and we can then set a training date.

Regards,

Rich

John PhelanJohn Phelan
      Participant

I’m interested.

John F. Phelan
      (S20 Mobile)

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
      Participant

I would be interested in attending your training.

Best Regards,
      John H DeRosa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Restricted content’ is closed to new topics and replies.