Reply To: Constitutional issues

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Constitutional issues Reply To: Constitutional issues

Larry KaseLarry Kase
Participant

I phoned John Derosa today to discuss the board meeting issues. He told me they have held secret closed meetings in the past month. He said I would not be able to attend secret closed meetings in the future. I stated that as a director, Section 3 in the constitution does not allow that.
    He stated I still could not attend because he has been on the Boards at other organizations and they allowed secret closed meetings.

Section 3
    Regular meetings of the Board of Directors shall be called at times and places to be determined by the President. Special meetings of the Board of Directors may be called at any time by the President or by request of two other Directors. Notice of special meetings of the Board of Directors, stating the time and in general terms the purpose, shall be mailed or personally given to each Director no later than three days preceding the day appointed for the special meeting, and if all Directors are present at the special meeting, any business may be transacted without previous notice. Four Directors shall constitute a quorum of the Board at all meetings. The affirmative vote of a majority of the Directors present at any meeting shall be necessary to pass any resolution or authorize any act of the Club.

What happens at these closed meetings that must be kept secret from the members???

Larry Kase