The club is all about sharing the fun of flying gliders with friends and family. We sponsor planned social events throughout the year but every day provides an opportunity to participate in the sport – and build friendships in the process!
- Location. Our private field is only 45 minutes northwest of Chicago off Interstate 90.
- The club has FAA certified flight instructors and tow pilots.
- Members have free use of the club’s gliders. No rental fees!
- FAA Flight Examiner available for private and commercial glider check rides.
- Sky Soaring airport (55LL) has a 3,000 ft. grass runway, a hangar, pilot’s club room
- Our airport is privately owned and is not a busy commercial operation. It has no pattern congestion with power planes and no air space intrusion by sport parachutists.
Flying at Sky Soaring is Exceptionally Affordable
Sky Soaring Club Dues:
- Yearly Membership – $618
- Additional family members $50
- Yearly Soaring Society of American Membership (required) $72
- Yearly Chicagoland Glider Council Membership (required) $10
- “Buy In” can be paid all at once or $200 per year (required) $1000
- Yearly Junior Membership – no application fee or buy in required (over 13 and under 21) $250.
Club Aircraft Rental Rates:
- Schweizer SGS 2-33a $0.0 per hour
- Krosno KR-03 $0.0 per hour
- Schweizer SGS 1-26 $0.0 per hour
- Schweizer SGS 1-34 $0.00 per hour
- SMYK PW-5 $0.0 per hour
Aero Tow Fees:
- 1000 feet $20.00
- 2000 feet $30.00
- 3000 feet $45.00
* Tow fees may change based on current fuel costs.
Flight Instruction Fees:
- $10.00 per flight
- Ground Instruction cost varies per instructor
Field Use Fees- Tie Down Charges:
- If/When you own your own glider $0.0 per month
Use our online form below to submit your new member application
The Sky Soaring Board of Directors will review your application and the membership coordinator will contact you after your application fee is received.
There is a $250.00 *initiation fee to apply for Sky Soaring Membership. It is refundable should your application not be accepted.
*(No initiation fee for Youth/Junior membership applications.)
Please fill out the Application Form Below and press submit. Then go to our store and pay your initiation fee with your credit card.
FOR THE 2023 FLYING SEASON;
WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM;
- RATED PILOTS WITH A GLIDER TYPE RATING (Must Have Current Flight Review)
- RATED PILOTS SEEKING A GLIDER ADD-ON TYPE RATING (Must Have Current Flight Review)
- Student Pilots actively enrolled in a FAA Part 61 or Part 141 flight school.
- Youth ages 13-21. No flight experience necessary.
Now go to our store and pay your initiation fee.