Weekday operations

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Weekday operations

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

I am planning on coming out on Thursday. Anyone else? Tow pilot requested please.

Larry MoyLarry Moy
        Participant

I’m in for Thursday.

Anonymous

I’ll be out Thursday as well

Fred”Fred+Angi In The Morning”KISS FM/WKSC/ChicagoSent from my iPad
            John ScottJohn Scott
            Participant

I’ll be out about noon.

Participant

Monday 5 October should be a training day if we can get a crew together. Thursday looks like a beautiful day so mark your calendars as well.

Larry MoyLarry Moy
                Participant

I’m up for some dual time Monday.  Possibly Thursday as well.

Participant

Couple of students want to fly Monday. Can we get a towpilot?

Participant

Let’s fly Thursday! Looks like a really nice day. Low winds and a chance of lift. I’ll be there, how about you?

Anonymous

I’ll be there Thursday for a check ride in N2668H at 9 am

Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
                        Participant
                          Greg TomczykGreg Tomczyk
                          Participant
                            I’ll be there … couldn’t book 97v on Thurs. as it’s listed as out of service. Thought it was repaired on Sat.?
                            Don GrilloDon Grillo
                            Keymaster

Krosno has been repaired and is now
                              available for booking.

Don

Anonymous

I am going to come out to 55LL today, October 6. Erik will be available to tow tomorrow.

Currently looking for a tow pilot for today.

Thanks

Austen

907-229-6997

Larry MoyLarry Moy
                                Participant

Anyone have a start time for Thursday ops?

Participant

I’ll be there around 9

Steven Snyder224-628-2871
                                    Participant

Another beautiful day at 55LL. Thanks to all that came out and flew or crewed. A total of 15 flights were logged.

A big shout out to 2 special members. Austin completed his CFI-G checkride and Andy was checked out and soloed the 1-26.

Way to go, guys!

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                                      Keymaster

Way to go Austen and Andy!  

— Don 
                                        Participant

Any interest in Wednesday the 21st? Looking like a halfway decent day.

Participant

Today turned out to be a very productive day. No flying (except Andy got in a flight) but Pumpkin and Lark are now disassembled and stored in the hanger. Thanks to a handful of volunteers the work went slowly but smoothly.

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
                                            Participant

Are there going to be any ops tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                                              Keymaster

Nick, there is a tow pilot available for tomorrow and a couple members have scheduled gliders. Remember that a CFIG is required to be present for students pilots to fly. 

— Don 
                                                Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                                Participant

Nick:  This bit of advice is a day late.  Call the field on the day you want to fly and see who is there.

Today we had 13 flights.  Two CFIs also were at the field and available to fly.  It was a cool day that required jackets and hats.  The pace was slow, safe, and professional.  There was very little lift.  The wind was calm for really good tows.  It was a nice day but as stated it was a bit on the chilly side.

Regards,

Rich

Participant

I’m planning on coming out today. Anyone else interested?

Larry MoyLarry Moy
                                                    Participant

Wish I could make it today but I’m starting training for my instrument rating today out of 3CK.  I’ll  wave if I pass over 55LL

Participant

Have a student at 12. Any tow pilot available? 

Steven Snyder224-628-2871
                                                        Participant

I see John at 1:30 and Andy coming out. Let’s do this.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                                                          Participant
                                                            Wish i could join today.I cannot until Friday 

Nicholas LegenzaNicholas Legenza
                                                            Participant

I’ll be out by 2:00 after school for a couple of flights 

Sent from my iPhone

Participant

A brisk and busy afternoon. 9 flights including 2 premature release exercises. Thanks to John for towing for us. Well done everyone.

Participant

Looking ahead to Thursday. Anyone interested? Let me know.

Anonymous

I’d like to try to fly this week!!

John ScottJohn Scott
                                                                    Participant

I can tow any day this week, except Thursday.

815-793-3780

Anonymous

Anyone planning on towing tomorrow?Hope everyone is well and healthy!

John ScottJohn Scott
                                                                        Participant

Winds start dying off tomorrow  morning.  I’ll come tow starting at 11:00 if there is interest.

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                                                          Participant

Hello:

Saturday is forecast to have freezing rain and clouds.  For Wednesday, if we can get a crew together that wants to fly I can be out there around 11 am.  Happy Veteran’s Day to all members who served in the US armed forces!

Regards,

Rich

• #9520
                                                                            Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                                                            Participant

Hello:

Since Saturday is forecast as freezing rain I would like to fly tomorrow if we get a crew together.  I can be there around 11 am. Also, thank you to all of the veterans in the club that served the USA. Happy Veteran’s Day.Regards,

• #9524
                                                                              Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                                                              Participant

Hello:

Happy Veteran’s Day!  Thank you Mr. Scott for towing and thanks to Christopher Frederick for wing running.

Today was a decent day at Sky Soaring with a light breeze coming down the runway with just a very slight crosswind.  Operations were on the far “27” end.  Our crew of 3 had 6 great flights.  Thanks to the recent crosswind training by CFIs Scott and Vaughn today’s wind was a piece of cake.  There was also some lift.  Not a bad sunny November day!

Regards,

Rich

• #9525
                                                                                Participant

Thursday Nov 12th. Andy and I so far. Anyone else? Tow pilot?

Viewing 37 reply threads
                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.